Floppy disks

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
season
Floppy disks

Hi!
I've had my Mavica FD-81 for years. When I first bought it I bought a box of floppies, some of which I am still using. I have a Mac. All of a sudden,when I try to view, my computer says "not initialized." AND if I format it, my camera says "disk error." I can view the pics on a PC but I want to be able to use my Mac. What have I done??--Thanks!!

Ron Repking (not verified)
I bet you've had your camera

I bet you've had your camera for years as I had to do a little digging to find out what it was as I hadn't heard of it. Your camera takes 3.5" Floppies as its storage medium. Most newer cameras use a much smaller memory card (typically CompactFlash) which can hold much more data.

In any event, you might be running into a compatibility issue here. Your camera 'officially' supports only the following operating systems:

Any Windows 3.1, Windows 95, Windows NT 4.0, or MAC OS System 7.5 Compatible PC With 3.5" 2HD Floppy Disc Drive

Also, the discs themselves might not be compatible with both operating systems. However, you mention "all of a sudden" in your post. Has it worked for you for awhile on both machines and it just stopped working lately?

season
Ron:I THINK my disks always

Ron:
I THINK my disks always worked with both systems, BUT I KNOW they worked with my camera and my MAC without formatting. I thought it was my Mac Disk Drive so I got a new one, but I get the same message.SOmething has changed, but I can;t figure out what.--Yes, it's old, BUT it cost 750.00 and it still takes good pictures. My kids make fun of me and I admit it's not svelt!:)-Susan

Ron Repking (not verified)
Do you have any disks that

Do you have any disks that you know used to work, but don't anymore?

Did you upgrade your MAC's operating system?

Connect With Techlore