Sony PCV-RX640 Won't turn on!!! HELP!!

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
fraydknot
Sony PCV-RX640 Won't turn on!!! HELP!!

This is my first time here. I have a Sony VAIO PCV-RX640 and it will not turn on. I replaced the CPU and the power supply. Still nothing. It is as if it isn't plugged in. Has anyone experienced this? Thanks to all in advance.

Matt Whitlock
I've had bad motherboards

I've had bad motherboards that have cause the same behavior. Replace the board and you should be up and running again.

Dilbert22
Hi, was the problem the

Hi, was the problem the motherboard? I have a Sony VAIO VGN-260P and have had problems turning on the computer the last week. When pressing on button, the power and battery light on bottomr right of PC flashes and sometimes the hard disk light flashes but does not always boot although the power light stays on.

I'm afraid if I bring in for repairs I'll be out of a PC for a good week although I may have no option?

Thank you for any troubleshooting tips.

Matt Whitlock
Dilbert22 said:Hi, was the

Dilbert22 said:

Hi, was the problem the motherboard? I have a Sony VAIO VGN-260P and have had problems turning on the computer the last week. When pressing on button, the power and battery light on bottomr right of PC flashes and sometimes the hard disk light flashes but does not always boot although the power light stays on.

I'm afraid if I bring in for repairs I'll be out of a PC for a good week although I may have no option?

Thank you for any troubleshooting tips.

Your problem sounds more like a power supply problem. Does the power supply sound like it's running, or does it not even fully kick on?

Jexx
Is the DC jack bad? A lot of

Is the DC jack bad? A lot of times, the legs get broken off or out of the board. New jacks for Sony can be from $20-80 (though it's possible the jack is not soldered to the board, but affixed to it via cable connector-in this case it wouldn't be the DC jack). 

Connect With Techlore