Philips DVDR610

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Kristal
Philips DVDR610

We've had the Philips DVDR610 now for 9 months and had constant problems with it. It has been replaced once, had a software update and been repaired twice! It came back from the last repair with more faults than it went in with, I'm taking it back again tomorrow. The faults range from the machine switching itself on or off, which cancels the Timer if its set, being unable to access a menu or being unable to get any playback with disc's showing Disc Error or No Signal. I'd really like a refund but the store refuses and insists it must be repaired. Trading Standards are willing to step in and help if this repair doesn't work. But what I find really annoying is the fact that for 9 months I have had a machine which is virtually useless, I've missed loads of programmes I wanted to see and my husband has the Grand Prix on disc's he can't play. Is anyone else having problems with the DVDR610 or did I really get the only 2 bad players that exist?

delboy
Hi I experienced the same

Hi
I experienced the same problems as you. Dvd610 Recorder same age approx 9 months old it did not record or switched itself off after about 2 minutes off recording also the home page had zig zag lines on it. (definetly their problem).
This happened to me a total off three times but on the third time Philips replaced the machine with a new updated one different model and so far all is well they also paid for the return carriage on all occasions. RESULT!!!

Kristal
Our problems continued

Our problems continued despite it being repaired again and again. Comet where we bought it from basically wasn't interested. Philips just always passed us back to Comet. Eventually when the machine was only a few days off being 12 months old and no longer under guarantee from Comet, I emailed Philips, a very lenghtly and annoyed email, about lack of service etc They phoned me the same day and arranged a delivery of the updated model for the very next day!! So far (touching wood) we have had no major problems. It has switched itself off a couple of times during recording, but otherwise has been working well. The disc's I'd bought previously won't work on there though, Philips said it seems they were corrupted by the old machine. I do use the Dvd recorder alot, so I'm sure any faults would have occurred by now. So at last I'm happy :)

I'd never however reccomend the DVDR610 to anyone.

Connect With Techlore