What are the good tech podcasts?

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Steven Jones
What are the good tech podcasts?

I am still on the fence with the whole podcasting thing but playing them on the ipod in the car while commuting back and forth every day seems like it might be useful - if I can reliably get good content!

So I would like to engage the TechLore community to help weigh in on those podcasts that you find to consistently offer value.

I'll start by saying I am really impressed with Larry Magid's Larry's World. The 'cast offers a shorter time format and he gets in front of real industry luminaries like Vint Cerf, Mark Cuban, Rob Glaser, etc.

Steven Jones (not verified)
Let me add that Larry Magid's

Let me add that Larry Magid's latest podcast is an interview with Mike McDougall of Kodak but has TONS of great information about digital cameras.

Everyone should check that one out.

Jeff Block
I want to revive this thread!

I want to revive this thread! Me and my new iPod need to konw which podcasts we should care about -- tech or otherwise, really. I've had recommendations for Larry Magid, InDigital and a couple others ... and of course I have the TechLore Podcapsule in there.

Which others are good? I'm into SHORT, so I can get info in quick bursts.

Recommendations anyone?

Amy in TO
This is an old thread, but in

This is an old thread, but in case anyone searches on this subject... The best podcast I've found is TWIT (This Week In Tech). It's done by The ScreenSavers of TechTV (Leo, Patrick and the gang). The latest tech news, interviews, and discussions on various tech-related topics. Always top-notch.

Steven Jones (not verified)
Amy, big fan of Leo and

Amy, big fan of Leo and company from way back in pre-G4 days on TechTV. I've tried to sit through TWIT several times and actually still subscribe to the podcasts both in iTunes and in my new favorite tool, Democracy.

I do think this show has a unique take but seems too long. Don't know if I'm ADD or just losing patience with age. I would love to find a way to squeeze TWIT down to 35-40 minutes (if only there were commercials I could skip:-)

Anyway, I agree with you, TWIT is worth listening to, thanks for the note.

Guest (not verified)
Steven,

Steven,
I think that video reviews or information is the way to go.
Kinda like 12secondreviews does but longer.

I quickly tire of just audio and video adds so much more.

Connect With Techlore