LG VX6000 trouble!!

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Kim2222
LG VX6000 trouble!!

I cant get the clock to show up on the front LCD of this phone and the backlight stays on after i close it! I don't know how to change these things!! help!!

Matt Whitlock
The backlight settings can be

The backlight settings can be found in the "Settings" area of the main menu. To reach, press left soft key (menu), 9, 2, 2. Then press 1 for the main LCD, or 2 for the front LCD

You'll have the following options available to you for the main LCD:

7 seconds - turns the backlight off 7 seconds after the last key was pressed.
15 seconds - turns the backlight off 15 seconds after the last key was pressed.
30 seconds - turns the backlight off 30 seconds after the last key was pressed.
Always off - the backlight is never on.
On flip open - the backlight is always
on while cellcase is open.

For the front LCD, you'll have these options:
Timer
- 5 seconds
- 1 minute
- 3 minute

I didn't see any specific options available to disable or change settigns for a front LCD clock. The only area I found that may be relevant was the "Clocks" area, (Menu, 9,2,5). Experiment with some of the options here, and see if it helps.

Kim2222
I tried all of these things,

I tried all of these things, and it doesn't help. I can't figure it out. When I recieve a text message the clock appears but any other time, it is not there. And when I close the phone, it stays on the screen I was just on, without going back to the home screen, do you know how to fix this?

Matt Whitlock
Just to be safe, remove the

Just to be safe, remove the battery of the phone, and reinsert. Test your problem again.

If it persists, I'd guess the part in the hinge that tells the phone it's open or closed is broken. There's no easy fix for this, so you'd need to call your cellular provider and see if you can make arrangements to get a replacement handset. If you're not under contract, you can use this opportunity to examine all carriers for the best offer, and take advantage of the great start up promotions they have on new activations.

Kim2222
Is it even possible to fix

Is it even possible to fix this problem?

Matt Whitlock
Sure, it may be possible to

Sure, it may be possible to repair, but you'd need to send the phone into a service center. If you're out of warranty, this could cost WAY more than what it's worth.

The way cellular companies subsidize the phones in exchange for service contracts has made it useless for anyone but the cellular providers to repair phones. You see, if you call your carrier, you can probably convince them to send you a replacement handset either for a small fee or a contract extension. They will send you a refurbished handset, and probably ask for yours in return. Yours will get refurbished and sent to another customer in the same situation.

Is there something about your particular handset that makes you want to keep it? Is there something stopping you from getting a new plan and phone with another carrier, or even the same carrier that you currently use?

Connect With Techlore