lines in tv

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
jazzz66
lines in tv

i have a jvc av-27530,that has lines running acoss the top of the tube ,and comes down 5" or so ,sometimes less or more .Whats up.

xtypion
Hey there jazzz66,I also have

Hey there jazzz66,I also have a jvc av-27d302 that had the same problem.I had no idea what it could be,so i took it apart ( not knowing what i was doing )and looked over everything.. It turned out to be some bad soldering on the connector tips of the -VERTICAL IC CHIP- i just re-soldered and tv's good as new,,hope this helps you out................... !!!!!!!!USE EXTREME CAUTION!!!!!!!.......Xtypion

vert306
Whey you say the Vertical IC

Whey you say the Vertical IC chip, what exactly is that? i have a JVC AV 27020 and it also has the white lines across the top. trying to home remedy it before buying another tv. this one is 6yrs old.

Guest (not verified)
These are common vertical

These are common vertical problems caused by solder joints or capacitors next to the vertical output ic that are bad. One time I did get fooled into thinking the problem was in the vertical output stage...turned out to be a voltage regulator located in the middle of the board that was going bad (supplies voltage to the vertical output). You would have to open your set and look for the ic, it's mounted on a heatsink and has about 12 pins...part # starts with a TDA such as TDA8350. Re-solder the pins and maybe replace the 2-3 capacitors next to it and that should solve the problem, if not ic could be bad.

Connect With Techlore