MP3 wont load.

24 posts / 0 new
Last post
arniearms
MP3 wont load.

Can someone help please. Maybe Matt Whitlock.?
I have a IItronics IMP-11 which sounds nice and easy to load the files according to the instructions. Having read Mr Whittocks reply to somebody with the same problem where he said to click on the E drive in removeable disks.
My computer page shows 31/2" (A) floppy, Libary (Q) Drive and DVD-RW (R) Drive. I'm on a Windows XP.
Many thanks
Paul.

Ron Repking (not verified)
Make sure that your MP3

Make sure that your MP3 player is turned on and plugged into the proper port (probably USB) on your computer. Your MP3 player should show that it is connected on the screen. If not, try another USB port or try another computer and see if you see the drive show up there. report back what you find.

What is the Library (Q) drive?

Matt Whitlock
arniearms,The iMP-11 should

arniearms,

The iMP-11 should add a "Removable Disc" icon in My Computer to represent the drive when it is attached to a USB port. Note that the drive letter "E" is arbitrary... Windows will normally assign the next available drive letter.

You should try Ron's suggestions first, just make sure that when you're troubleshooting USB devices, make sure that you plug the device into the back of the computer (one that directly connects to the motherboard), not external hubs or front ports.

The drive assignments for your computer are rather odd. Is this your computer? One from a school or government facility? Though you can reassign the main hard drive to use a letter other than C:, it's odd to see it this way. This tells me your computer is not "standard"... unless you omitted some of the drives your computer has?

Make sure the lock switch on the player is not on, otherwise it goes into write-protect mode. That alone shouldn't stop the computer from recognizing the drive, but it's good to try everything.

Post back with your results.

arniearms
Hi Guys, thanks for the

Hi Guys, thanks for the prompt reply.
Just unplugged my digital camera from an USB port in the back of my standard Windows XP computer which I bought 2 years ago from PC World.

Following the MP3 player instructions, plug cable into comp. USB, then into MP3, "starting..." lights up on the MP3 display, followed by a couple of basic icon menus.

Thats it. nothing on the computer. I go to MY Computer to look for "removable disk icon". As I have already said I just have Floppy, DVD-RW and the Libary (Q) which has an icon of 4 CD disks stacked one above the other. Any help to you. I dont have another computer at home. Only other computer I could try would be my nephews.

Many thanks
Paul.

Matt Whitlock
Okay, let's check something

Okay, let's check something out. Follow these steps.

1. Click Start --> Control Panel --> System
2. Click the Hardware Tab, then click Device Manager

You'll see a large list of all the hardware components that make up your computer. The little plus signs next to the items let you drill deeper into that category.

Expand the list under "Universal Serial Bus Controllers" and look for something that refers to your MP3 player. Is it in the list? Does it have an exclamation point next to it?

By the way, what is in the Library drive? Are you sure you don't have a C: drive or anything else after you scroll around the page a little?

arniearms
Hi Matt, What you told me to

Hi Matt, What you told me to do I had already tried with a PC World helpline operator. No there are no icons that resemble my MP3 player.

What that chap told me was that it could be a hardware problem and my computer will need to be re-booted.

What do you think? I'm now in the process of backing-up 2 years of digital photos before I try a re-boot.

Thanks

Paul.

You shouldn't have to worry

You shouldn't have to worry about losing pictures by just rebooting your PC, however, archiving your photos is definitely a GOOD idea!

If it's still not working, try your nephew's PC. If that doesn't work, take it back and get a new one before your warranty expires because it's probably broken!

arniearms
Hi Matt & Ron,Gave it to my

Hi Matt & Ron,

Gave it to my mate in work to play around with on his laptop. Got as frustrated as me, about to give up when he decided to do away with the supplied cable and just plug the MP3 directly into his laptop. BINGO!

Tried it myself this morning, hey presto, it works on my PC aswell.
Hope this may help others out.

May thanks for you posts.

Paul.

bigross
Hello, i've been having

Hello, i've been having problems with my mp3 player. Well its an RCA RD2762, 4 GB, and contains lyra dj (im not really sure wut you would need to know, so im just saying the basics)...anyways i downloaded some songs and it was working fine. the next day i turn it on and it says "file system corrupted" or "unknown error". I tried opening up my music folder through lyra dj and when it was plugged in it said "decrypt error" so that means i can't even open it through lyra dj...i need help and i dont know much about this, but im thinking i need a new mp3 player.

Matt Whitlock
bigross,Maybe, maybe not.

bigross,

Maybe, maybe not. What kind of songs did you download (MP3, WMA, AAC, OGG), and where did you download them from? Did you replace the battery? Also, did anything happen to your player from when it was working and when it stopped (was it dropped, kicked, punched, slapped, splashed, left in a hot car, looked at funny, laughed at, chewed on, squeezed hard, buried, insulted, mutilated, used as a dog toy, thrown in a lake, frozen, or otherwise messed with)?

Try downloading and

Try downloading and installing the latest firmware for your player. That should probably fix your problem. You can also find your instruction manual on this page describing your problem. You can find it here:

http://www.rcaaudiovideo.com/Cultures/en-US/Downloads.html?ProductID=RD2762

bigross
Well matt, yea it kind of was

Well matt, yea it kind of was dropped, but not recently. and it wasn't dropped hard, but with it being so small it probably wouldn't take much to damage it. I don't think its the battery because its charge all the way and is full. Also the songs i downloaded that day we mp3 and i got them off of lime wire....and thanks ron i'll try what you suggested.

Matt Whitlock
bigross, Ron's suggestion may

bigross,

Ron's suggestion may very well solve your problem. I always go after the easy stuff first. Try it and post back with your results.

Also, while you're testing your player out, I suggest you do not use any music files from a P2P network since many of those files are bogus anyway.

bigross
Ok im trying to do wut ron

Ok im trying to do wut ron suggested, but i don't know how i would get the firmware onto my mp3 player if i can't even open it up from the usb port. also it is saying please connect device and press refresh.

Matt Whitlock
Does it properly connect to

Does it properly connect to the player if you plug it into another computer?

bigross
no, it won't connect at all

no, it won't connect at all no matter wut i try. Also my dad and brother both have the same player and their's work fine

bigross
My dad is suggesting that

My dad is suggesting that this is caused from dropping it.....because it wont load and won't connect to the computer, does it sound like it could be a virus or from dropping it? i want to know, because im getting tired of hearing its my fault. Anyways would a new mp3 player be the best route and if so is there anything i could do to avoid this again if i do decide to get a new one? Thanks for your guy's help

LONDON BOY
I'VE RECENTLY BOUGHT A

I'VE RECENTLY BOUGHT A IITRONICS 256MB MP3 PLAYER, BUT WHAT I HAVE NOTICED IS THAT WHEN I LOAD TRACKS ONTO THE PLAYER, THE TITLE ISN'T DISPLAYED IN FULL, FOR EXAMPLE I DECIDED TO LOAD A TRACK CALLED JESSICA SIMPSON-LONELY, BUT WHEN I SWITCH ON THE PLAYER IT ONLY DISPLAYS JESSICA SIMP (MOST OF THE TITLE IS CUT OUT).

IS THERE A WAY I CAN FIX THIS PROBLEM.

THANX IN ADVANCE

Radarhog
My RD2762A now displays "file

My RD2762A now displays "file system corrupted" as well. Worked this morning now doesn't. I'm thinking HDD is screwed up. Isn't recognised by my PC with XP. Any Ideas? Not dropped that I'm aware of.
Thanks for the input

Jim mac
Help. RD2762 Following

Help. RD2762
Following message appears after waiting for sync:
The I/O operation has been aborted because of either a thread exit or an applicaiton request.

Assuming it worked before, I

Assuming it worked before, I would try to uninstall and reinstall the 'sync' software that you were using (first checking if there is a new version available) and if that didn't work resetting your device.

Emmanuel
I have IMP-11 MP3 but could

I have IMP-11 MP3 but could not load it with music from my computer.

when I download the music from my computer I could not play it o my Imp-11 lpayer.

Please help?

Emmanuel

sevenseasof_rye
i have had this problem of

i have had this problem of not loading and ater 2 days and 31 hours of no sleep,a big headache and miss's with threats of divorce(how tempting) i got the anwser..windows media up date ...this caused my mp3 to be nu formatted in mr laptop.so what i did ...

go to media player plug in mp3 and press sync follow sreen ..works great

sevenseasof_rye
sorry one other thing if you

sorry one other thing if you load from a music cd it can be formatted as mp4 these dont load on mine ..

Connect With Techlore