Pleae help a techno-tard with TV image problems!

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
GabbyAmazonBard
Pleae help a techno-tard with TV image problems!

My Tv was working fine until the cable company came to fix something with the signal. The day after that, fine, white horizontal lines appeared on the top third of the screen. There is also a faint series of horizontal rainbow lines under the white ones. I put in a dvd to test if was the cable or the tv, but the lines were still there. Does this mean it's the tv, or could it be the cable since eveything is running through the box? If it is the tv, can I fix it or is the picture tube going? The tv is only two years old. Please help.

Matt Whitlock
If a DVD exhibits the same

If a DVD exhibits the same problem, my first guess would be to say it's the TV... especially since the DVD player should be connected differently. The only possibility is if you are using an RF modulator on your DVD player. If so, remove it, and test your cable line again.

If none of the above applies, I think the cable man coming out is just a coincidence, but you'll need to have a repair man diagnose what happened. If he can rule blame back to the work the cable guys did, maybe you can go after them. Anything is possible.

Connect With Techlore