My TV is broken

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
zeex
My TV is broken

Everytime I turn my TV on all I see is a thin line running horizontally across the screen. I'm not sure what is wrong with the TV, but it has to be the TV because I tried unplugging the cable and turning it on and I get the same thing. I've even tried different outlets.
The TV s a Sears Roebuck and Co. Series LXI. It's pretty old, 1992, and I'm not sure what type of TV it is. Any help would be appreciated.

Matt Whitlock
zeex, This question has been

zeex,

This question has been asked numerous times. You can find the answer in this thread: http://www.techlore.com/forum/thread/11610/

zeex
This isnt the same as that,

This isnt the same as that, the line is nowhere near that big. Its probably only an eighth of an inch wide and the screen doesnt return to normal, no matter how long I leave it on.

Matt Whitlock
Whether your line is thicker

Whether your line is thicker or smaller, the problem is likely the same. Either way, you're talking about a TV that is more than 13 years old.

It can be determined that the problem is with a bad part inside the TV. Whether or not it can be fixed will depend on what exactly is wrong, and if parts are still available. The only way to really know is to take it to a shop. Since the TV is not worth more than 25 bucks, it would not be in your best interest to repair it. Time to move up to a new set and send the old one to the recycling center.

Connect With Techlore