Sony DVD - No power?

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
dougie
Sony DVD - No power?

Never been overly impressed with this DVD.
Final straw has now come with no power?
Checked plug fuse - okay.
Took lid off & found a further fuse which I intend to get checked out & replace if appropriate. I've reached as far as I can go technically. Would greatly appreciate any guidance if only if someone has had similar problems?
Good morning all from sunny (believe it or not) England.

Matt Whitlock
dougie, Welcome to TechLore.

dougie,

Welcome to TechLore. Tell me, how did you hear about TechLore over there in England? Search engine? A friend?

About your problem,

The fuses are a great and easy start to check. Once you're assured those are good, you can check to make sure the power supply is (surprise) supplying power.

Even if you know what's wrong, you're still going to have to acquire the parts you need, and know how to replace the bad ones. You've already said that anything beyond fuses is over your head.

Most mainstream DVD players are not worth repairing, considering new models can be purchased for less than what it would cost to fix the old one. High-end models purchased within the last two to three years (ones that are really expensive) may be worth fixing, but you should get a quote from a shop before you make any rash decisions. The article "How to Determine if you Should Repair a Broken Device" can help you figure out what to do.

Good luck, and let us know how it turns out.

dougie
Thanks for advice Matt.My gut

Thanks for advice Matt.
My gut feeling is I'll end up with a new one.
Where's that little dvd fella, grubby coat and hasn't seen daylight for years when you need him?

Connect With Techlore