hook up my vaio laptop to RCA TV

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Ryan
hook up my vaio laptop to RCA TV

hello, I read Matt Whitlock's posts on hooking up tv and laptop. But I can not find a good solution for my case. My laptop is vaio PCG-V505DC2 having a VGA output. My TV has only RCA inputs. I used a VGA to RCA video converter to connect my laptop and TV.My A blue screen was shown on TV. The problem is that I can not set TV as the primary moniter, because the box before "use this device as primary moniter" is gray and not checkable.Another problem is that after I checked the box"extend my window desktop onto this moniter" , I clicked "apply" or "OK". Nothing happeded, and this status can not be changed. Could anyone help me solve these problems?
Thanks a lot.

Matt Whitlock
Ryan, indeed hoking up a PC

Ryan, indeed hoking up a PC to a TV is a real pain. What device did you use to do the VGA to RCA conversion? Please provide brand and model number, as well as some information about the TV you're hooking it up to.

WILLIAM EDWARDS
Matt,thanks for your post.

Matt,thanks for your post. The adapter info I used to convert VGA to RCA is below:

link
The TV I used is Hisense 20" Flat-Tube TV,Model: TC20FS2H
Link:

link

BTW, Is that possible my graphic card of ATI mobility radeon has no TV-out? I saw the tab of
setting/advanced/displays, and there are only Monitor, Panel, FPD and NO TV option. Does that mean my graphic card does not support TV out? I used my laptop for projector out before, and it worked well. Any suggestions on that?
Thanks.

Connect With Techlore