Can't access all cable channels with remote

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
paige
Can't access all cable channels with remote

I have a Sears SR200 1988 T.V. as a second T.V. in my household and am unable to get all of my paid cable channels with the universal RCA remote control. Can you please tell me what I need to do in order to get all of my channels? Thank you.

Matt Whitlock
What paid channels are you

What paid channels are you not getting? What kind of television service do you have?

paige
My channels stop coming in at

My channels stop coming in at channel 46. I should also be getting channels 47-72. I do receive channels like "Comedy Central and Animal Planet, but am not getting the other channels like Food Network and MTV, VH1, AMC Etc. My cable company is Comcast out of the state of Connecticut.

paige
Do you thik that it might be

Do you thik that it might be that the programming of the Universal RCA remote is incorrect?

Matt Whitlock
No, the remote really doesn't

No, the remote really doesn't have anything to do with it. When you say you can't get the channels, do you mean that when you press channel up on channel 46 it goes to channel 2 instead of 47. Or, do you mean that when you type 56 into the remote you only get snow?

paige
If I type in "for example"

If I type in "for example" channel 50 or 56, the T.V. channel goes back to channel 2. No snow, just flips back to the beginning.

Matt Whitlock
Hmmm... that is weird...Were

Hmmm... that is weird...

Were you ever able to watch these channels on this TV, or is this something recent?

paige
I was able to watch them when

I was able to watch them when I had Disch Satellite. I believe that I am going to have to get a cable box as this T.V. I found out last night is NOT cable ready. Thank you for all of your help.

Matt Whitlock
If you're getting any channel

If you're getting any channel over 13, then it is cable ready, but it may not have a tuner new enough to encompass all current cable channels. If you have a newer VCR, you can always use it as a TV tuner for your older TV.

paige
Thank you so much for the

Thank you so much for the advise. I will try that and see what happens. Have a great day.

Connect With Techlore