Zenith Rear Projection Big Screen?

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
jkuper21
Zenith Rear Projection Big Screen?

I know a little about electronics, but i dunno about this... My Zenith big screen gets sound, but no picture...

Matt Whitlock
What have you done so far to

What have you done so far to troubleshoot this problem?

jkuper21
Well, i've been looking at a

Well, i've been looking at a lot of sights, and spoke with my old teacher from high school, and what i've gathered is it could possibly but not likely be the convergence tubes, my teacher said that without the proper diagnostic equipment that this shouldn't be something I tackle on my own... but he thinks it could be something with the signal not having enough juice to get to the screen, i'm still open to any ideas....

Matt Whitlock
Well, before you think about

Well, before you think about diving into the guts of the TV, it's usually beneficial to check the easy stuff first.

Have you made sure the cables are plugged into the right spots?
Have you tried different cables in case the ones you have are defective?
Did the TV ever work?

jkuper21
Well, I just got it, and

Well, I just got it, and found out it didn't work, i don't know when it stopped working... Also, i have not plugged anything into it yet, cause i figured that something would have come onto the screen, i mean nothing will show up... So I'll try plugging something in, let me know what u think...

Matt Whitlock
It seems that you've

It seems that you've inherited someone else's problem. Assuming that it truly is broken, it may not be in your best interest to repair it. Look at it this way, it wasn't for the original owner...

Without more information on the age of the TV, I can't speak with certainty. You can get it quoted if you want to, but I think you should buy a new TV from a dealer that will haul away the broken one for free.

Connect With Techlore