Curtis Mathis VCR no picture

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
phrank
Curtis Mathis VCR no picture

After using my camcorder to view a tape, I get sound only when using a VHS in my VCR.

Ron Repking (not verified)
I'm not sure I understand

I'm not sure I understand what the connection is between the camcorder and the VCR. Can you explain what you did that would effect your VCR?

Can we assume that you checked to make sure that your video connection to your VCR didn't slip out?

Matt Whitlock
Check the yellow composite

Check the yellow composite cable on the back of the VCR. Make sure it is plugged into a jack labeled "OUT". IF this connection is okay, verify the connection on the back of the display (cable is plugged it? Labeled "IN" on display).

If all else fails, replace the cable between the VCR and the TV.

MichieMc
I run a separate DVD player

I run a separate DVD player through the VCR and it works fine. I would assume that means the cable from the VCR to the TV is ok(?)This VCR has front and back hookups for the R/Y/W composite hookup. When I used the camcorder, I merely unplugged the R/Y/W from the front, connected the camcorder R/Y/W composite in the very same place. Afterwards, I simply unplugged the camcorder and replaced the DVD to VCR R/Y/W wires exactly as they had been before. That is when I lost the picture. Sound is fine but only snow for a picture.

Matt Whitlock
phrank, First, you should not

phrank,

First, you should not run a DVD player through a VCR. This will engage the copy guard on most commercial films. If your TV does not have line level inputs, I recommend picking up an external RF modulator for your DVD player.

Second, You should never have a "snowy" picture when using line level sources. This is an indication that you are viewing the VCRs tuner. Change the input source on the VCR to whatever line-level input you're plugged into. Look for an INPUT button on the VCR, or change the channel below channel 2 and see if it stops on LINE1 or simething similar.

Connect With Techlore