Multiplexing help.

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Melachiah
Multiplexing help.

I'm attempting to build a 75 inch television out of 9, 25 inch TVs... However I am having a hard time finding a multiplexer that can do what I need. I was wondering if anyone may have a link or product name that they can give me.

I know it is possible, just having a few diffuculties, so far I have bought the TVs, taken off the cases, and mounted them all inside a custom case... Now the big step of getting it to work.

Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Matt Whitlock
First, my disclaimer. I do

First, my disclaimer. I do not claim to be a video-wall expert. I tend to focus strictly on consumer electronics technologies, and video-walls are normally only found in professional environments.

Now, for what I do know on the subject... You may be in more of a pickle than you think, and probably should have done research on controllers prior to puchasing and removing the TVs from their cabinets.

I guess what does confuse me is why go through the work to make a 75" video wall, especially when you can pick up a single display that size. Or, why not use a single front projection unit to easily create a 75" image? Are you aware how much video wall controllers cost? We're not talking hundreds or even a thousand... we're talking many to tens of thousands in some cases.

That being said, all video wall equipment I've had an opprotunity to see all output signals via RGB to computer capable high-resolution displays. So, if you've purchased 9 25" analog TV's, I'm not aware of any controllers that will work. I'm not saying one doesn't exist... I'm just saying I've never seen or heard of it.

I would start by checking out the 3x Vision from Euvision. It's one of the simpler models to use and integrate. 9x Media is also another leader in this area you will want to look at. I would highly recommend starting a dialouge with someone at one of these respective firms to help answer some of your questions. They will be able to tell you if the monitors you've purchased will work with your vision.

smile4JLR
Well to start, I already had

Well to start, I already had the televisions, got them from a dumpster at Best Buy. As well as many other things, thanks for the help though, I really appreciate it.

I'm sure I can find something at a decent price somewhere...

And as for making the wall... I like do it yourself projects, especially of the electronic sort. So far everything in my home from couches and cabinets to alarm systems and appliances I have made myself and I want to keep that going.

Gives me something to do when I'm not writing tickets. :/

[edit]

After reading up on the various processors, I have noticed they are simple enough 2 ghz servers with a bunch of video cards... Hell I can make that for $700, mostly just video cards and motherboard considering I already have a 2.8 ghz processor laying around.

I already have 3 monitors for my home PC, I just assumed there was a bit more that went into creating a video wall. But, now that I think about it, to get the cable/satelite/PS2/or anything else I want to feed in, all I need is a capture card which costs about $15.

The only thing I have to do is find somewhere to pirate the "datawall" software... Which shouldn't be hard to find.

Matt Whitlock
I hope you photodocument your

I hope you photodocument your experience with creating your video wall. I'm sure others in the community would enjoy reading about your experience.

TechLore does not condone in the unlawful creation or misuse of copyrighted materials.

Connect With Techlore