My Zenith has a problem

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
sanmav
My Zenith has a problem

I have a Zenith 52", model # Z52Z95Da, service # 781-1536-1598, manufactured september 1997. I bought a display model, so who knows how long they would have it on at a time. I have had it for 8yrs and within those, i have had it repaired twice. First time after having it for 2 yrs, and then about 3 yrs after that.First time repair was when i had no picture, but sound. Got that repaired for $400, ouch. Second time, picture was making waves, if you know what that means...lol, cost $300, another ouch. Now, i'm back to the same problem as first repair, no picture but sound. Don't want to spend another dime with repair people, which fixed my TV both times. Is there any way you can help me so that i can repair it myself. I will not charge myself that much...lol. Do not have a manual for the TV, the store could not find it. Picture and sound are great, when TV is working. HELP!!!!

can't let go

richard
if your tv had wavy pic. that

if your tv had wavy pic. that sounds like a leakage filter cap. if its out,. now you have a power supply problem

sanmav
Hi RichardThanks for your

Hi Richard

Thanks for your reply. Now, is this the answer to why my TV does not work now, because right now, it is doing the sound but no picture thing Also, i noticed that when they fixed the wavy picture problem, the little power light did not come on anymore. Forgive me if I'm sounding like a dummy, because I am when it comes to reparing a TV. If this is your final answer, could you tell me how I can get a manual to found out where the filter cap. is so that I can fix it, if it's a DIY project. Thanks

Chipper
I Have a Zenith 27" TV Model

I Have a Zenith 27" TV Model #SE57494 and the picture is a little narrow on the lower part of screen going horizontally, it also does not come on all the time by the remote or manually, I have tried to unplug it for about 12 hours and try to turn it on but that doesn't work all the time, it makes the clicking noise when I turn it on and sometimes it works and other times it just makes a buzzing noise and keeps buzzing for as long as I have the set on. There is no reset button that I can see and it sounds like the switch is stuck and doesn't click twice like it did before. Is this A circut board,switch,or fuse that I can replace or do I need to get a new Tv? I also have a Sony KV-27EXR15 that has the same problem only this one clicks on with the remote and I get nothing,no sound,picture or noise.
From yrusochipper

Aarem
I had my zenith Model #

I had my zenith Model # SM2773BT, plugged into a stereo, but when I went to play the stereo, the tv sound quit working, now I can't get the sound to work at all, neither internal or external speakers, how do I fix this problem??? help please???

Larry Dillon
Ok Ill address the buzzing

Ok Ill address the buzzing first. This sounds like a bad capacitor in the standby power supply. Its not a user replaceable part unless you know how to solder and unsolder and how to check capacitors. It shouldnr be a big deal to have this fixed. Good Luck

Connect With Techlore