no pic on my philips lcd..any suggestions? andee

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
andee
no pic on my philips lcd..any suggestions? andee

have a 2 yr old philips lcd model 15PF9925 15 inch tv..can also be used as a pc screen, but have not used it that way..moved it to another room, and now I get sound but no pic..checked everything many times, no luck.. have a feeling the pc feature is the problem..

Matt Whitlock
The 15PF9925 really only has

The 15PF9925 really only has the abiltiy to support 2 sources simultaneously. Something plugged into the coaxial input, and 1 line level device or PC.

The EXT button in the top left of the remote changes the input source on the TV. Since there is only 1 audio input for line level sources, pressing EXT swithes which video input is used. Press EXT until the correct video source appears.

andee
thanks for reply matt ...i've

thanks for reply matt ...i've attempted doing that at least 50 times in the last 2 days...it does bring up the sound for each channel, but no pic..I'm just angry that this particular brand is one of the priciest, along with sharp and samsung, sorry now I didnt get a cheapie..ny DD recently bought a cheapie Sanyo at walmart for $300! ...works like a charm, ..so far..

Matt Whitlock
Let's do a little more

Let's do a little more investigating before we give up.

I need to know a few things:

What have you hooked up to the TV?
How did you connect these sources to the TV (what wires go where)? Please be as specific as possible.

andee
grew up in a family, 2

grew up in a family, 2 brothers tv repair guys..so not totally clueless, altho today realize its different ballgame..have tried with and without cable, still get NO pic or snow, have feeling the ext button is the culprit, since repeatedly using it does not bring up anything, no adjustment for brightness, sound, reset etcetera..its almost as tho the brightness and cotrast are turned off..if only that EXT would bring them up..have tried remote AND front panel buttons too..now as u/know this tv has an ac-dc adapter power cord, which just may be the problem ...I do thank u/for sticking with me..BTW was thinking of trying it as a pc screen but see that THE VGA CABLE IS NOT SUPPLIED WITH THE TV..can I use the 2 thingys that are currently plugged in my NEC lcd 1555v screen, or would I be beating a dead horse? thanks again andee

Connect With Techlore