Sony Handycam HC30 tape to computer

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
tigressfair
Sony Handycam HC30 tape to computer

My question is how do I get the information on the tape to save as a file on my laptop? I did it a million times with a different handycam model and can not for the life of me get it to work with this one. I am defiantely missing something here LOL

tigressfair
My computer won't recognize

My computer won't recognize that a video device is connected.

Ron Repking (not verified)
How are you connecting it to

How are you connecting it to the computer? Via USB or FireWire? If USB, there are some things that you can check that I found on Sony's website:

* USB streaming is not supported on computers running the Microsoft® Windows® 98 operating system or earlier.
* USB streaming is not compatible on computers running an Apple® Mac OS® operating system.
* Not all Sony® digital camcorders have USB streaming capability. Consult the instruction manual of the camcorder for compatibility information.

1. Turn on the computer.
2. On the computer, install the USB driver for the digital camcorder.

NOTE: The USB driver is located on the CDROM supplied with the digital camcorder. If the CDROM is not available, drivers for the camcorder can be downloaded from the Sony® eSupport web site at http://esupport.sony.com.
3. Turn on the digital camcorder.
4. Turn on the USB streaming feature of the digital camcorder.

NOTE: If necessary, consult the instruction manual of the camcorder to complete this step and for the location of the USB port for cable connection.
5. Connect the USB cable to the digital camcorder.
6. Connect the other end of the USB cable to the computer.
7. Start the video software on the computer for USB streaming.

NOTE: USB streaming should now be available if the computer hardware and software are configured correctly. If USB streaming is not available, consult the computer or software manufacturer for assistance.

Connect With Techlore