DVD DISK PLAYBACK RATTLE/VIBRATION (TOSHIBA SD-1600)

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Richard Harrison
DVD DISK PLAYBACK RATTLE/VIBRATION (TOSHIBA SD-1600)

My Toshiba SD-1600 DVD Video Player makes a loud annoying rattle during playback. I first noticed the sound several months after purchase. Even when I pressed 'Stop' on the remote it still rattles in the platter.

Sometimes it quiets up for a bit depending on what mode the player is running such as 'Pause' or returning back to 'Disk Menu.'

All the disks I play are part of my collection. They're all store-bought and brand new and I keep all my disks in pristine condition as well as the DVD player itself which I have had now for about 10 months.

I tried to move the player to see if it would vibrate less but it doesn't appear to help much.
I spoke to someone at Toshiba in tech support and they suggested it was static and to unplug the player. I did so and plugged it back in the following day and it appeared to help. However, within a week it started making that darn rattle again.

It's quite annoying, I hit the player a few times out of frustration. Next, perhaps I will throw it at the wall with the trash shoot down the hall soon to follow.

My friends tell me that the disks are warped and that's why they make that sound. I don't believe that because the disks playback fine in other players.

As a last ditch effort to resolve this issue I found this site and decided to post in hope of some 'cure' for the problem.

Much appreciated to those who would kindly offer up any suggestions.

Matt Whitlock
Hi Richard, welcome to

Hi Richard, welcome to TechLore!

Okay, here's where I would start. Since you're ready to throw it at a wall, take off the lid of the unit and run one of the DVDs until it starts making noise. Peer inside the unit during operation and you may be able to better tell where the sound is coming from. Until we figure that out, we can't suggest any way to fix it.

Post back with what you discover.

Connect With Techlore