CONNECTING WIRELESSLY FROM PDA

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
MEAT
CONNECTING WIRELESSLY FROM PDA

I am totally lost with this wireless pda stuff.I have a hp ipaq 4350 with wifi.What do i need to connect to the internet? Do I need to subscribe to a network company? Do i need additional accesories? Please help

Ron Repking (not verified)
Connecting wirelessly to the

Connecting wirelessly to the Internet with a PDA is very similar to connecting wirelessly with a laptop. I'm not sure where you are in terms of your connectivity, so answer the following questions and I(we) can better help solve your problem:

1) Do you want to connect from home or at a wireless (wifi) hotspot, or both? If at home, answer the following questions.

2) Do you currently have an Internet connection in your home? If so, is it broadband (e.g. DSL/cable) or dialup?

3) Do you have a wireless network already set up that you can connect to in your home? If you're not sure, you probably don't.

MEAT
Im more interested in a wifi

Im more interested in a wifi hotspot.Although i use a dial up at home.I guess connecting at home and a wi fi would help greatly.

Ron Repking (not verified)
Since you have a dial up

Since you have a dial up connection at home, you can't really use wifi. So, let's get wifi working at a hotspot.

You'll need to first turn on wifi on your PDA, then access the wifi network. HP has a manual to help you understand wifi networks and how to access a wifi network.

Read The Wireless LAN and HP iPAQ Handheld Devices:

--Edited by Matt Whitlock 6/27/05:--
HP links incompatible with TechLore's automatic link activator. Instructions to get to the linked page is below.

-Visit www.hp.com
-Click Support and Troubleshooting
-Type iPaq 4350 in the box and hit enter
-Click "manuals" in the self help section
-You'll find "The Wireless LAN and HP iPAQ Handheld Devices:" on this page.

--End edit--

Specifically, go to page 13, Turning on and off the WLAN

Hope this helps.

Connect With Techlore