THe sound on my DVD player stutters

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Karen31
THe sound on my DVD player stutters

When I play DVD's in my DVD player the sound keeps "skipping". You hear some words, and others blank out. WHy does it do that? I though because it needed cleaning, but I cleaned it and it still does it.

Matt Whitlock
This problem occurs on all

This problem occurs on all DVDs you play?

Do you have the DVD player connected to your TV or a surround sound system?

Either way, what kind of cables are you using to connect the DVD player to your audio source?

Karen31
My player is connected to my

My player is connected to my TV, and it only happens on some DVDs, not all. I'm not sure what kind of cables they are...would that make a difference? It's a Toshiba DVD player and it's about 2 years old.

Matt Whitlock
The kind of cable could make

The kind of cable could make a difference if the DVD player was connected to a surround sound receiver. When digital connections are bad, the sound skips. Since you're using the TV for sound, it's most likely connected to the TV using the red/white RCA cables.

I can't imagine that the TV would be the culprit, but I suppose it is possible. The only way you can narrow it down to just the DVD player is to connect the player to a different TV using different audio cables.

If the skipping sound problem persists, there may be a problem in the DVD player's audio decoder, though a repair shop is the only way to get a real diagnosis. But since DVD players are cheap, you may just want to consider replacing it.

Connect With Techlore