Panasonic 27" CT-27L8SG TV

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
back44
Panasonic 27" CT-27L8SG TV

This past Sunday we experienced several brief power outages. Our TV was on and flickered but did not go off. After the outages subsided, the tv switched off on its own and would not restart. It is connected to a cable tv surge protector that also protects a VCR and a DVD player- both of which still work. I suspect that the problem is a blown fuse and need assistance in locating the fuse assembly. Also, would Radio Shack carry a replacement fuse or do I need to buy from a Panasonic service center?

back44
Our TV is working again. It

Our TV is working again. It seems the outages powered down a capacitor which caused it to switch off. After reading some of the posts, we tried the most basic test- we unplugged the set and plugged it back in. You could hear it drawing power and it switched back on. Thanks for the helpful information on this forum.

Matt Whitlock
Your welcome, we're glad you

Your welcome, we're glad you got it working again. Great job using the information currently available to help figure it out on your own! That's what TechLore is all about.

We hope you stay active in the community and share your insights with other members. It doesn't have to be a repair issue, so feel free to post anything you wish that's gadget related. And don't forget to tell your friends about TechLore!

kimba
I have been having a similar

I have been having a similar problem with my panosonic 27" tv. It seems to have a mind of its own, it shuts on and off at will. Sometimes it stays on for hours other times it shuts down every 10 minutes. can someone help me?

Connect With Techlore