Replacing a TV Tuner

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Bigs
Replacing a TV Tuner

I would like to attempt to replace a SONY KV32V25 built in 1996 tuner. The tuner has soldering problems and distortion in sound and picture occures.

What are the steps to follow to be successful in this venture?

Thanks
Frank P. Salvato

Big mama
I would also like to replace

I would also like to replace a TV tuner. Everyone says it's not worth it, but it's a 31"RCA we bought for Grandpa. He threw away the registration AND the receipt, and it's only 3 months old!

Big mama
HELLO? IS ANYONE OUT THERE?

HELLO? IS ANYONE OUT THERE? CAN YOU HEAR ME?
H-E-L-P!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Please!

Matt Whitlock
Big mama, We are sorry you

Big mama,

We are sorry you haven't been able to get the answer you were hoping for in the hour your question has been on our message boards, but just remember that TechLore is a consumer driven community. That being said, most people in the community know just as much about replacing a TV tuner as you do. Kind of like the blind leading the blind...

Based upon your question it would appear that you have little to no experience in consumer electronics repair. For the safety of yourself and your product, it is recommended you have the television repaired by a qualified technician... regardless of how old it is.

Big mama
Thanks, Matt. I wasn't trying

Thanks, Matt. I wasn't trying to be a pain, just funny. I guess it didn't work. Sorry.

Big mama
OK. All kidding aside. I have

OK. All kidding aside. I have been known to "tinker" here and there. I've actually fixed VCR's, dishwashers, heck I've even bled the brakes on a 67' Mustang. So if you know how to replace a tuner, I assure you, I will take all of the precautions necessary to do so. Your help would be greatly appreciated. Have a good night.
And thanks.

Connect With Techlore