SONY DVD MODEL DVP-NS425P "CANNOT PLAY"

15 posts / 0 new
Last post
kenny
SONY DVD MODEL DVP-NS425P "CANNOT PLAY"

HEY MY DVD JUST STOPPED PLAYING YESTERDAY I TRIED TO FORWARD IT AND THEN IT SAID CANNOT PLAY THIS DISK OR SOEMTHING AND I TRIED TO INSERT EVERY KIND OF DISK AUDIO VIDEO EVERYTHING BUT SAME PROB BUT I CAN ACCESS THE PLAYER SETUP OPTION I DONNO WHAT THE PROBLEM IS I ALSO SHUT OFF THE DVD PLAYER AND DID LOTS OF THINGS..

Matt Whitlock
First, please don't type in

First, please don't type in all caps. It does not get more attention in the community. Second, please try to type in complete sentences. Coherent and clear thoughts are much easier to read.

Now, what do you mean by "did lots of things". Can you be more specific about what this means?

kenny
ok my dvd only plays audio cd

ok my dvd only plays audio cd not dvd's id onno why..

Matt Whitlock
This ATE response covers most

This ATE response covers most of the common reasons: http://www.techlore.com/article/10478/

Try some of these suggestions and post back with your results.

Eric Daugherty (not verified)
I had the same problem happen

I had the same problem happen with my DVD player yesterday. It's a Sony DVP-NS575P.

I started a movie and the main menu came up but would not start playing. I removed the disk and re-installed it, but now all I get is a message on the screen that says "Cannot Play" I tried several regular commercial DVD's but nothing would play.

Any ideas??

Don

Sorry, forgot some stuff.

Sorry, forgot some stuff. Mine will also accept CD's but not DVD?? I unplugged the unit for awhile, but still the same.

Don

Matt Whitlock
Don R., Follow the link a few

Don R.,

Follow the link a few posts up. Read number three for some suggestions.

The player is about 16 months

The player is about 16 months old and I've used it maybe 20 times. I've checked and it's clean as a whistle.

I guess I'll have to buy another one, but it'll be a cheapo this time. Sony BIG baloney!!!

Don

Matt Whitlock
Before you do that, I'd

Before you do that, I'd recommend calling Sony. What's the worst they could do? Tell you to go buy a new DVD player?

Perhaps if you state your case reasonably and calmly, they'll replace it for you. Anything is possible...

SteveOr7
I also have a Sony DVP-NS575P

I also have a Sony DVP-NS575P, two years old, with the "Cannot Play" message. It spins the disc if I give it a push but apparently not fast enough to read it. I found when I turned the player upside down it spun faster and functions. An upside down DVD player wont cut it though. I suppose the cause is a failing spindle motor. The LCD also displays T 11 and C 13 70. Any idea how I could find out what these codes mean?

Addictedtoradios
sony dvd dvpns425p

sony dvd dvpns425p

Yes, I too have the same issue with the above mentioned model. I believe, just like cars, DVD players (and some electronics) have their recall value. Electronics are kicked out so quickly, it is difficult to monitor every issue. I do think that by writing Sony, it may help.

Thanks Mind over Matt'r for your help, and having this forum!

Addictedtoradios
sony dvd dvpns425p

sony dvd dvpns425p

I too have the DVD player (listed above) that reads, "Cannot Play Disc". I'm not out anything, got it for free, but it does confuse me why so many are having issues with this model. Perhaps it is a recall issue? Does Sony issue recalls? Is there REALLY a Santa Claus? :0

I will use it for the CD value, plays that well. Here's a thought: Pretend that it NEVER WAS a DVD player, and just call it your new CD unit...hmmm...

Thanks Mind over Matt'r for hosting this site, and letting us have some fun here! --Addictedtoradios

www.CartoonistExchange.com

D.sarkar
I have same problem like can

I have same problem like can not play in DVD and CD.USB is working.I bought it inly 29-Sep-10 model-NS 728.Please help.

oldmeller
Whats with the old old posts

Whats with the old old posts !

Take a hammer to it if it does not work ! Don't buy crap from China

Atra42o
Don't know if anyone is still

Don't know if anyone is still reading this, but I discovered turning the player upside down also worked for me... I think what happened is the top was sagging in from placing things on top of the player and also it was sitting on top an older style tv (not a flat screen) making it unbalanced too. I took the top of, bent it back into shape, and now it's working perfectly... Hope this helps someone else :)

Connect With Techlore