Nike Philips mp3 player

14 posts / 0 new
Last post
T-Rex
Nike Philips mp3 player

I recently purchased a nike mp3 player from ebay. The only thing in the box was the mp3 player and all the stuff to go w/ it (no disk) I plugged the mp3 player into my usb drive and wham nothing but a message saying that I need a disk to install something or another. Im running windows XP and I know there's an easier way to put my music on my mp3 player but I don't know how. Could any one help me w/ this problem.

Ron Repking (not verified)
I took a quick look at the

I took a quick look at the manual for the "Nike Philips MP3 Player", model is called the PSA. I'm assuming that's what you have. From the documentation, it looks like you should be able to drop files right onto the player after you plug it into the USB port. You would only need the CD if you wanted to install plug-ins for MusicMatch or iTunes.

If you bring up Windows Explorer is there a drive (e.g. F:\) labeled "Removable Disk/Device"? If so, you should be able to click on it and put files directly onto that drive.

If not, what is the error message you are getting?

T-Rex
I guess I could'nt find

I guess I could'nt find windows explorer. I did a search and the only thing it brought up were my documents. I also double checked the task bar and nothing. If you have any more ideas anything would be helpful. Thanks

Click on 'My Computer' under

Click on 'My Computer' under the start menu. It should bring a up Windows Explorer window. Look under the small "My Computer" icon in that window for a drive as I described above and click on it. It might be labeled D:, E: or F:.

You can copy and paste MP3s directly to that window as you would any other file. Report back what you find.

T-Rex
Ok, When I click My Computer

Ok, When I click My Computer under the start menu I get a window w/ a title (Files stored on this computer.) the file are as follows:
Shared Documents and my documents. Following them there is another title (Hard disk drives)under is the c drive. Under that there is the Devices w/ removable storage title and all I see under it is the D: drive (dvd rw drive) Am I in the right spot?

Yes, you are in the right

Yes, you are in the right spot. There should be something there labeled E: or F: drive called 'Removable Storage' or something like that.

If you don't see it, with that window up, unplug your MP3 player from the computer, turn it on and plug it back in. Keep an eye on that window and you should see it appear. If you don't, try to plug it into a different USB port on the computer and repeat the same process. Report back.

T-Rex
Still no help but this is

Still no help but this is what I found. When I put the usb from the mp3 into the usb on the CPU a found new hardware intall wizard pops up. I tried a couple of time to install my mp3 but I need the disk and the wizard does not offer any help. After I click on finish with the wizard a message pops up in the task bar saying there was a problem w/ the installation of my new hardware and I might have problems with running it. I do not see any thing differnt in the window explorer after tring what you told me.

Alright, I think that the

Alright, I think that the easiest thing to do is to download the software from the website and install it.

Go to http://www.nike-philips.com/home.jsp?lang=en_US

Click on "Digital Audio Players" menu and find the MP3 player that you own. Under the appropriate player, click on the "Support" item. That should take you to another page for that player.

Next, click on the text that says:
"For Firmware upgrades, answers to frequently asked qustions, troubleshooting guidelines or documentation for your MP3 MAX (model# here) please click here"

You will either get a list of matches or be taken to the support page directly. If the list of matches, find the one that says "United States" when you put your mouse over the link. At the support page, click on "Software" and download the firmware and install it on your PC.

Hopefully that should solve your problem. Let me know how it goes.

T-Rex
I dont know how to open the

I dont know how to open the firmware unzipped file. I tried and tried but I can not get this thing to work. Any ideas?
thanks Ron

Go to www.download.com and

Go to www.download.com and search for "WinZip". It's freeware that can open zip files if you can't find it on your computer.

T-Rex
No I can find the file after

No I can find the file after the down load. I can even unzip the file but what I cant do is download the unzip verson to my computer because I can't figure out how to open it. If there is a way.
thanks Ron

Click "Start" and "Find".

Click "Start" and "Find". Type in the name of the file that you are looking for.

T-Rex
nothing. do you think i sould

nothing. do you think i sould down load the install instructons?

Since you are having so much

Since you are having so much trouble, I would recommend trying to get someone that you know to try and help you out on your computer. It's too hard to diagnose your problems remotely. At your computer, they should be able to help you out based on the instructions above. Good luck!

Connect With Techlore