AudioTouble

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
trucker
AudioTouble

My sony str-de415 receiver will not turn on. When the power button is depressed, a slight click sounds. the only lights that come up are the mode (ie, surround, concert hall, studio). The unit will not play thru any input or output. The additional AC utlet is still working and my remote will turn the unit off. I know that it is off b/c the mode light goes out. Any advice?

Matt Whitlock
Your receiver should have

Your receiver should have some selector buttons on the front of the unit labled "SPEAKERS". Make sure that SPEAKERS A is engaged, and B is disengaged.

Check for a selctor called "Tape Monitor". If engaged, you'll likely hear no sound.

Also, make sure that MUTING is not turned on. A silly thing, but it's worth a look.

Try those and let us know what happens.

rifman
 my reciever is a sony STR-DE

my reciever is a sony STR-DE 475. it has been working fine for years and now  there is not out oput to the  fornt or reas speakers.  it powers up and you can hear  the protetction click as it always has ,  but now there is no sound  out of amy of the speakers.  just today i  tried and plugged my headphones  up>?  and they work great.  they are the same ones i use with my computer,  so  the amps  pushiong the phones  are  still good.  con you teel me if its me doing something  wrong?  or is it an internakl problem  with this unit.   thanks  for your answer.  im glad i found this  page,'

David Gray

Connect With Techlore