panasonic tv

16 posts / 0 new
Last post
karen47
panasonic tv

I have a panasonic model ct-36d11e, only two years old. it has started to shut off by itself while watching it. then you are unable to start it back with remote or button on tv. it will come back on in a few minutes by itself. the shutting off is getting more frequent. any suggestions what is wrong with it and will it be costly to repair. it didn't last long.

Matt Whitlock
Unfortunately, I'm not sure

Unfortunately, I'm not sure if this problem can be diagnosed remotely. You'll need to have a service center diagnose the problem and give you a quote.

Click here to find the nearest authorized Panasonic service center.

stave49
I have the exact same problem

I have the exact same problem that Karen47 is discribing with a panasonic model 36G22V. Mine is about 8 years old. It shuts itself off and comes back on by itself in a few minutes. Any other attempt to turn TV back on does not work.

dunnthat
I too have the same problem

I too have the same problem with a Panasonic tv model CT-27G31 as does Stave49....any answers would be greatly apreciated

stave49
HAS ANYONE COME UP WITH ANY

HAS ANYONE COME UP WITH ANY ANSWERS YET??? ALOT OF US HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM AND I DON'T SEE ANY ANSWERS. IS ANY TV BRAND MORE RELIABLE THAN ANOTHER OR ARE THEY ALL JUST A HEADACHE FOR THE OWNER?
STAVE49

toni
I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM

I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM PANASONIC 51G45U BUT IF I UNPLUG IT AND PLUG BACK IN IT WILL TURN BACK ON BUT THEN AFTER A FEW ITS OFF AGAIN

stave49
I notice today that without

I notice today that without the fireplace going and no other heat source near the tv it turns off and on much less that when the fire was lit.
Stave49

Gerald
Did anyone ever find the

Did anyone ever find the problem.  MT CT-20G12v, about 10 years ond, does the same thing. I know something is over heating or opening up when it heats up.  I have been looking for a schematic, but no luck so far.

MOtvGuy
You guys have listed about 4

You guys have listed about 4 or 5 different Panasonic models, none have the same chassis in them.  Shutdown problems in TV's can be caused from a myriad of different things because todays sets have a number of circuits being monitored which, if a failure is detected, will cause the set to go into shutdown by design. 

As suggested, take it to a servicer.  All anyone can do over the internet is guess and unless you want to start dumping a bunch of money into parts on someones guess I'd say a service shop sounds a lot cheaper.  

jnesci
I have a Panasonic PT-46G40

I have a Panasonic PT-46G40 that is doing the same thing. You need to turn off the power to the set before it will come back on, but after it is warmed up, it doesn't take long to go off again. The same thing happened when it was new, 11 years ago, warranty replaced the circuit board where a latching relay was located. I'm trying to find out more about it and try to repair it myself. I will let you know if I learn anything that may help you.

imistery
IT was only thin white Line's

IT was only thin white Line's on the top of the 36in screen, until I got it back from the repair shop. Then for no reason, it would start clicking for no reason for a few second's, then work perfect. Later, when that clicking started, it also looked like it turned the tv off, [no sound, no picture] and I could'nt turn it back on instantly. [kept trying] Later Just the sound went out, [ TV has'nt went back to a repair shop] all I could do was change channel's, nothing else. I unplugged it & plugged it back in, the tv was off. I went to bed, and when I got up the tv was back on, and working. But when the sound went back out I accidently bumped the tv when I tried to unplug it, and the sound came on and it worked like new. But the TV went to a different repair shop when I found out I could'nt play a dvd, picture was on video1 & sound was on video2. After I got it back, you could watch a dvd, but a few hour's later the sound went out & that repair shop was closed. So the next day I called & told him what happend, [I think he lies] he said it was just an energy surge, and nothing was wrong with the tv. It was'nt long, it did it again, and it was plugged into that unit for an energy surge. It went back to him. A two month's later I called them, to hear that it's been fixed for quite awile. When I got it , 42 minute's later the picture & sound, GONE. 2 min later, ON, by itself. 10 min later, off it went, then back on in about 2 min. That's when I shut it off with the remote, and called that repair shop. The lady said to call back between 9& 10am the next day, that;s when he'll be there. I did, and he told me, [AGAIN, I THINK HE LIE"S] it has to be a power surge, NOW it must be THAT UNIT it's plugged into. It still did it when I plugged it straight into the wall, AND when I called him back I got a recording, CLOSED FOR CHRISTMAS.  This is when I sent an mail to the Better Business Bureau,  On 1/02/08 I called that guy, & hr to:d me that  WheN he spoke with the BBB they told him he didn't have to fix the tv if he give"s the money back, it"s been a week & I have'nt seen a red cent.

imistery
I was only getting thin white

I was only getting thin white line's on the top of the 36in screen, until I got it back from the repair shop. Then  it would start clicking for no reason for a few second's, then work perfect. Later, when that clicking started, it also looked like it turned the tv off, [no sound, no picture] and I could'nt turn it back on instantly. [kept trying] Later Just the sound went out, [ TV has'nt went back to a repair shop] all I could do was change channel's, nothing else. I unplugged it & plugged it back in, the tv was off. I went to bed, and when I got up the tv was back on, and working. But when the sound went back out I accidently bumped the tv when I tried to unplug it, and the sound came on and it worked like new. But the TV went to a different repair shop when I found out I could'nt play a dvd, picture was on video1 & sound was on video2. After I got it back, you could watch a dvd, but a few hour's later the sound went out & that repair shop was closed. So the next day I called & told him what happend, [I think he lies] he said it was just an energy surge, and nothing was wrong with the tv. It was'nt long, it did it again, and it was plugged into that unit for an energy surge. It went back to him. A two month's later I called them, to hear that it's been fixed for quite awile. When I got it , 42 minute's later the picture & sound, GONE. 2 min later, ON, by itself. 10 min later, off it went, then back on in about 2 min. That's when I shut it off with the remote, and called that repair shop. The lady said to call back between 9& 10am the next day, that;s when he'll be there. I did, and he told me, [AGAIN, I THINK HE LIE"S] it has to be a power surge, NOW it must be tha UNIT it's plugged into. It still did it when I plugged it straight into the wall, abd when I called him back I got a recording, CLOSED FOR CHRISTMAS.  

David wild
Hi All,

Hi All,

I have nearly exactlt the same problem as many I've seen described here on my Panasonic CT-32HX42 32" Lfat Sceen TV.

The set is fairly new - 3 to 4 years old now.  The problem appeared once about 1.5 to 2 years after I bought it (this after a power outage) - but recently - since I got a new Harmony 522 remote control for on-touch control of all my AV system components, the problems has recurred 3 or 4 times.

My problem is simply that when the TV is turned off at times - it won't turn on again with either the remote or the front panel power switch.

So far - the problem can always be cleared by unlugging the set from the wall outlet - and then plugging it back in.

I'm an electronics engineer myself, and have had my days working on TV's.  Yet modern TV's have vey complicated powwer supply start-up circuts, so without a schematic one doesn't stand much of a chance to fix it.  As it is - a schematic would probably cost at least $50.00.

My guess is that Panasonic uses similar circuits in most of their CRT type TV's - a common practice.

PacRat
I have a CT-36D11E and a few

I have a CT-36D11E and a few months after it was purchased new and still under warranty, it would turn off by itself and not turn on again for 15 minutes or so, and then go off again after 15 min. or so. I had the repairman come out and he fixed it in about 5 minutes by replacing a chip or module. He said it was commmon for that model. I want to use the TV in our sunroom / exercise room and need to fix this again - any Ideas? Thanks!!

evil
Find the receipt from the

Find the receipt from the repairman, the part he charged you for should be on there. Other than that guess you should have paid closer attention to what the repairman was talking about when he explained it to you.

PacRat
This was over 10 years ago -

This was over 10 years ago - I don't have the receipt.

"Other than that guess you should have paid closer attention to what the repairman was talking about when he explained it to you."

This is just stating the obvious and is not any help.

Connect With Techlore