Toshiba TV problem

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Nateparrish
Toshiba TV problem

My Toshiba 36A61 tube television will not switch between modes of TV/Video, and as a result I cannot run my DVD player or VCR. Is this a problem with this midel of tv or is there something I can do. the manual says to repeatedly press TV/Video to switch to a different input, but it does not change from TV. Any ideas?

Luis
My Toshiba CX2778 went dead

My Toshiba CX2778 went dead on me. When I try to turn it on it makes a ticking sound and no raster. I am trying to save some money. I have a basic knowledge of electronics and I think that I can probably fix it myself once I know what is the problem. I will wellcome any suggestion as to what should I check. Thank you

Matt Whitlock
Nateparrish,Can you explain

Nateparrish,

Can you explain some of the things you've tried to troubleshoot the problem. Like, have you tried pressing the buttons on the TV instead of the remote, made sure that the inputs are not disabled in the menu (if that's a possiblility on your model), made sure your devices are properly connected to the TV, etc.

jsauer1020
Toshiba FST PURE 27AF44

Toshiba FST PURE 27AF44:
Suddenly went off. Tried to turn back on and made a hissing sound with no picture or power lights? Just purchased 1 1/2 years ago. Manufactured October 2004 and I purchased in Dec. 2004. Ideas that I can look for?

TomTinks
I have just bought a new

I have just bought a new Toshiba TV with built in digital reciever. When I switch to the analogue input and search for normal antenna stations every station it finds appears in black and white on screen. I have read the manual from back to front but can not find any menu setting that will fix this problem. It is the same when I connect a VCR via scart. Again the picture is black and white. Can anyone help?

Connect With Techlore