Samsung i5 MP3

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
stormcloud
Samsung i5 MP3

Is i5 MP3 camera real? Has anyone seen a press release? I saw the technical specifications but I didn't notice anything about MP3 function? Can anyone help me on that?

Ron Repking (not verified)
This intrigued me so I looked

This intrigued me so I looked around a bit and found that Samsung is releasing an 'i50 MP3' Digital Camera based on the i5 digital camera. No one seems to have a press release on the camera itself, so I doubt that there is one yet. There seems to be conflicting reports if there actually is MP3 playback on the device. Even so, do we really need MP3 functionality on a camera?

stormcloud
ooooooooooh we doooooo Ron. I

ooooooooooh we doooooo Ron. I would be great. Think about when you're on the beach. You snaped some photos with your girlfriend and then you fight for the earplugs to get some music :)

About the i5 MP3. I asked the Romanian Samsung distributor. They answered: Sure, we'll bring it here by september. But I don't know what to think. Based on my experience, PR guys can make a lot of mistakes. I'm a reporter for a Romanian IT magazine and I cannot afford to make huge mistakes based on some Photoshopped creations of a 18 year bored school boy.

I'm a reporter for a Romanian

I'm a reporter for a Romanian IT magazine and I cannot afford to make huge mistakes based on some Photoshopped creations of a 18 year bored school boy.

Yes, I agree wholeheartedly. One of the problems that is rampant on the Internet, is the amount of false/speculative data. How do you tell if someone is credible and what content is accurate? Not an easy answer, but TechLore is trying to solve this problem in a community setting on this site without you even noticing. By posting to this forum, your credibility is changing and hence your effect on the site and the content that you touch.

Jeff Block has written some blog entries on this particular topic. Here's one of many if you're interested:

http://www.techlore.com/blog/7/11355/

Anyway a slight diversion. I still don't why I wouldn't use my cell phone as an MP3 player on the beach if I needed one. I'm sure to carry that around everywhere I go, not necessarily the camera.

stormcloud
"How do you tell if someone

"How do you tell if someone is credible and what content is accurate? Not an easy answer, but TechLore is trying to solve this problem in a community setting on this site without you even noticing."

I hope I understood everything you said Ron. That was the whole point I posted a question about the camera. To use the knowledge of the forum participants in establishing credibility of a news story.
I wasn't DEMANDING a straight answer. I was hoping that someone could have come accross some information to solve this problem. I didn't mean to upset anyone. My English is not extraordinary so I might have been missunderstood. I'll do my best in the future.

"Anyway a slight diversion. I still don't why I wouldn't use my cell phone as an MP3 player on the beach if I needed one. I'm sure to carry that around everywhere I go, not necessarily the camera."

I think you agree that MP3 playing could drain a battery very fast. Which one you could risk to run out on power? The camera or the cell phone?

You were not misunderstood.

You were not misunderstood. Don't worry about it at all. I was just saying that coming to a new forum, it is difficult to really tell who is credible and who isn't. TechLore figures it out for you automatically so you don't have to worry. That's all.

I think you agree that MP3 playing could drain a battery very fast. Which one you could risk to run out on power? The camera or the cell phone?

That's why I have a spare battery for my cell phone ;-)

stormcloud
LOL Good point Ron. You got

LOL Good point Ron. You got me there :)))

Guest (not verified)
Yes it is real.You can find

Yes it is real.
You can find it now in the formal sites of samsung-camera in korea (named #1 MP3), germany (i5 MP3), and UK (i50 MP3).

http://www.samsungcamera.co.uk/product/pro_view.asp?pro_uid=495&cat_uid=12

Connect With Techlore