DVD rolls when turned on

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
Bobby
DVD rolls when turned on

I have a Zenith DVD\VCR combo Model XBV 442.
The VCR works fine but when you switch it to DVD the screen starts rolling.

Matt Whitlock (not verified)
What kind of TV are you

What kind of TV are you connecting it to, and how is it connected?

Bobby
I tried ant and aux to a

I tried ant and aux to a Sanyo via a Thompson VCR

Matt Whitlock (not verified)
You really can't connect a

You really can't connect a DVD player through a VCR. This activates the MacroVision copy protection that is built in to most commercial films... still odd that the picture rolls though.

If you're limited on the number of inputs your TV has available, you'll either need to purchase a line-level switchbox or, if your TV has no A/V inputs, an external RF modulator.

If possible, make sure there is nothing wrong with the combo by plugging it directly into a TV. If connection limitations don't allow you to plug it in to the Sanyo, then plug it into a different TV. If the problem still exists, you'll want to exchange the combo wherever you bought it from. If it works, then pick up a swithbox or RF modulator.

Bobby
I just bought this combo off

I just bought this combo off of E-BAY last week and it rolls on all of the TV's I have in the house whenever I turn on the DVD, but not when I turn on the VCR, no matter how I have it hooked up.

Matt Whitlock
It almost sounds like you

It almost sounds like you purchased one that is outputting PAL signals instead of NTSC. Did the ebay listing mention anything about this unit being "hacked" or "region free"?

Does the screen start rolling without a disc playing? Or, do you have to play a disc before it rolls? Are you trying to play a movie from another country?

sputnik
i have a aspire digital dvd

i have a aspire digital dvd player that worked fine until i dropped it!now the picture rolls with or without a dvd in it!CAN U HELP ME!!!!

Matt Whitlock
sputnik, the Aspire DVD

sputnik, the Aspire DVD players are all NTSC/PAL compatible, so it is possible that your player has defaulted to PAL output. There is a setting in the menu to change this, so you'll have to be creative about navigating the menu while it rolls.

If you have the player connected via component video on an analog TV, make sure the progressive scan feature is disabled.

Bobby
Yes the screen rolls whenever

Yes the screen rolls whenever you turn on the DVD. It does not have to have a disc in it. When I bought it nothing was said about it being NTSC/PAL.

VJ
I have a JVC VCR/DVD combo.

I have a JVC VCR/DVD combo. After changing the batteries on the remote, began having this DVD rolling picture, with out without a disc in. Can't see to navigate the menu. Can anyone give me the steps to check if I've defaulted to PAL output? Its the HR XVC33U. It's about 2 years old.

Connect With Techlore