27" Samsung ..worth fixing?

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
jarratt13
27" Samsung ..worth fixing?

Hi all.I have a 7 year old 27" Samsung that gets white lines on the top half of the screen after it gets warm. When i have it on a/v with nothing turned on (black screen) there are 2red, 2green, and 2blue lines.All the lines are thin and go right across..what could this be?
besides an excuse to get a big screen.lol

Matt Whitlock (not verified)
You say that the problem is

You say that the problem is present with a black screen. Does the problem go away when you have a picture on the screen? Is it present only on the A/V inputs?

jarratt13
once a signal is put through

once a signal is put through (xbox) thats when i get the white lines or when just watching tv. I noticed the colored ones when its just turned on with no signal. The lines are present with a/v and rf

So far it looks like a

So far it looks like a hardware issue, but it could be something else. Have you tried unplugging it for about 4 hours?

jarratt13
So i unplugged it for 4-5

So i unplugged it for 4-5 hours and it is actually a little worse than what it was. The white lines are thicker. Any other ideas?

I don't think there's really

I don't think there's really anything else you can do at this point, since the problem is likely to be inside the TV set. You're either going to have to repair or replace it. Here's an article that can help you decide.

How to Determine if you Should Repair a Broken Device

Connect With Techlore