Lost registry key

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
sanch
Lost registry key

I have a toshiba dvd-rom sd-m1612 that I believe I accidently erased the registry key for sometime ago.
My system tells me that the driver is installed but I get an error that refers to a lost registry key. Is there anyway to get this back... I do not have the start-up disc as this unit was installed at a the local Best Buy and they do not supply this model of dvd player anymore and have no copy of the disc.

pixired
Never have Best Buy or the

Never have Best Buy or the Geek Squad touch your PC! They have no clue on what there doing. Go to Toshibas website and see if you can get support on the product thru them on there 'support' section, punch in your product to see if they even support it, otherwise call a local PC repair guy. He will fix it quicker than Best Buy.

sanch
Thanks for the response.. I

Thanks for the response.. I have already tried Toshiba and they do not support this product anymore.. I quess it is off to the local shop.. I agree with your comments on "Best Buy". I am definitely not a computer scientist, but from conversations with their "help desk", I know more than they do.

Connect With Techlore