SHARP MICROWAVE

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
BENO
BENO's picture
SHARP MICROWAVE

I HAVE A SHARP MICROWAVE ABOUT 9 YRS., RECENTLY WHEN I USE IT ON FULL POWER, AFTER A FEW MINUTES, IT TRIPS THE CIRCUIT BREAKER. IS THERE ANYTHING I CAN DO (MAINTENANCE)TO STOP THIS OR IS IT TIME TO GET A NEW ONE ? IF I SET IT ON 50% POWER I DON'T HAVE A BREAKER PROBLEM.

sanch
sanch's picture
Is any other appliance

Is any other appliance sharing this circuit? Microwaves of this age set at "full power" will cause an initial full draw on the circuit, then back off a little bit for as long as it runs. Old wiring in the home, handeling this surge in power, will heat up, to a point where they loose there conductivity. If this circuit is shared with another appliance or something else vying for this power, you get an overload and the breaker blows, or burns up. At 50% power, there isn't as much draw, so you don't experience this problem... A new microwave is cheaper than new wiring.. or if this circuit is being shared, can you free it up?

 

Connect With Techlore