Motorola V551 how to set up Media Net so i can access it.

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Ford
Motorola V551 how to set up Media Net so i can access it.

I recently bought a unlocked motorola v551, it comes with "M Mode" but i need to set it up to use media net which is by cingular. does anyone have any idea how to do this? cingular customer service sucks. Please Help!

Matt Whitlock (not verified)
Out of curiosity... What

Out of curiosity... What motivated you to buy an unlocked V551 when Cingular offers that phone in their lineup? Were you trying to avoid the contract? How much did you pay for that phone?

Okay, here's what you need to do to setup MEdia Net on the V551.

1. Hit MENU (the button above the UP arrow)
2. Navigate to settings and press enter.
3. Find "Web Sessions" in the list and press enter.
4. Find "Web Sessions" in that list and press enter.
5. You should see some different data accounts listed. If you see M-Mode on the list, highlight it, press menu and delete it.
6. Highlight the selection to create a new entry.
7. You'll see a huge list of information you need to enter. Below are the values you need to enter. If a field is not listed below, leave it blank.

Name: Cingular
Home: http://device.home
IP 1: 66.209.11.6 (You may be able to leave blank)
Port: 9201
Serv 2: WAP
Timeout: 10 Min
CSD: +14152441012
Username: [email protected] (ALL CAPS)
Password: CINGULAR1 (ALL CAPS)
Speed: 9600
Line Type 1: ISDN
Speed 2: 9600
Line Type 2: ISDN
GPRSAPN: wap.cingular
Username: [email protected] (ALL CAPS)
Password: CINGULAR1 (ALL CAPS)

8. Save everything by pressing DONE.
9. Highlight your new Cingular data account and press the menu key. Choose DEFUALT from the list and press enter.
10. Enjoy mobile data on your Cingular phone with MEdia Net.

Let us know if this information gets you connected, and don't hesitate to help members with other questions in the forums.

Ford
I bought an unlocked motorola

I bought an unlocked motorola v551 on ebay. That way i could finish out my contract. I bought an unlocked phone that way if i ever switched cariers i could use the same phone if needed.

But back to my question. when i try to access media net it says broswer setup incomplete. Do i need to put in values for DNS 1 or DNS 2. Or Domain 1 or 2, csd No.2 or how about the gateway ip?

Matt Whitlock (not verified)
Shouln't have to... I got

Shouln't have to... I got these settings from a Cingular version V551, I can't imagine that anything would be different. I was in a hurry when I was writing everything down. I'll verify everything the next time I get my hands on it.

As far as unlocked phones go, you're still limited as to what carriers you can use. If you have a V551, you can only choose from GSM carriers like Cingular or T-Mobile. Companies that use CDMA, like Sprint PCS, are still not compatible with your phone.

Connect With Techlore