Shinco DVD-833 player/ skipping but it's not the cd or dvd

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
sensi
Shinco DVD-833 player/ skipping but it's not the cd or dvd

I have this DVD-833 from shinco, I suspected that the disc is not spinning when it's taking too long to load and slowing down while in play, causing a skip in sound.

How can I resolve this issue.
Is there any SHINCO authorized dealer in the United States?

sensi
I nned direction to repairing

I nned direction to repairing this dvd-833 shinco
player

Matt Whitlock (not verified)
As far as I can tell, Shinco

As far as I can tell, Shinco products are not sold or serviced in the United States. If you want it worked on by an authorized center, you'll need to contanct Shinco's tech support group at 0519-8791096. Remember, you'll be calling China, so expect to pay for that call. However, I must stress that sending it to China probably isn't worth it. If you're from the States, you'd be better off with a product that is sold and serviced here.

Of course, a DVD player is a DVD player. So, you may be able to still have it diagnosed at a local service shop. If it's something simple that doesn't require any parts to fix, you'll be golden.

big ed
I know the problem is in the

I know the problem is in the power supply ,which causes other parts to fail ,fortunately the other parts are less than 2 dollars each getting them replaced needs some tech savy. If someone knows which parts in the power supply are failing then another repair which I just described is in order. thanks big ed

dans_repair_service
Sensi:  If the DVD is working

Sensi:  If the DVD is working to some degree, then the power supply is not the likely problem.  Based upon your initial description, I would suspect either a dirty lens on the optics or the optical assembly beginning to fail.  A "slowing" down symptom is a failure to fill the digital buffer with info from the disc.  No digital info... no output.  This is usually first seen as freezing in the video because hte video stream requires more information than the audio track.  Try cleaning the lens as described in other threads and let us know how you make out.

Dan

big ed
Thanks dan I'll try that. I

Thanks dan I'll try that. I put a 8 volt regulator into 2 of these shinco's to keep the 4558 chips from getting wiped out, but when the player is not putting out the disc audio it mutes the mic circuit. Did you notice when it stops playing or when it freezes up the display blinks  & gets dim ? Maybe an overheating in the processing chips, just try to put your fingers on them ! When it freezes up the 5 volt regulator transistor on the power supply gets very hot. I tried a lens cleaner and no good. The player is not very dependable. Did a 3 hour show and worked fine, next day it played for 30 min then crapped out again. Well I could take out the mic & echo plug in  board and make a handy little accessory item. Good talking to you Thanks ed

Connect With Techlore