44" LCD Widescreen

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
Pat45
44" LCD Widescreen

My new LG is giving off an occasional popping noise - it has only happened a few times but I was wondering what causes this and is there a quick cure?
Thanks!

Pat45
My new LG is giving off an

My new LG is giving off an occasional popping noise - it has only happeneda few timew but I was wondering what causes this and is there a quick cure? Thanks

Ron Repking (not verified)
Is the popping noise inside

Is the popping noise inside the TV itself, or from the speaker as part of the audio of a program?

Pat45
Not really sure - it is a

Not really sure - it is a static sounding popping noise that is intermittent - maybe two or three times an evening..sometimes switching the TV from stereo mode to mono.

Matt Whitlock (not verified)
Pat45, does this only happen

Pat45, does this only happen when you watch TV, or does this happen when you play other sources like VHS, DVD, game console, etc? Does switching from stereo to mono solve the problem?

Pat45
As far as I can tell - just

As far as I can tell - just pops in the tv mode.
When it pops - it switches the tv from stereo to mono mode.

How do you receive your

How do you receive your television signals? Is it through cable or satellite? If you have cable, do you watch through a cable box or just analog cable through the TV's tuner?

Pat45
Cable box - an HDTV DVR

Cable box - an HDTV DVR connected to the TV - could the problem be with the cable box?

Possibly. Many cable boxes

Possibly. Many cable boxes have a built in volume control, as well as many different so-called "enhancements". I'd take a trip throught the menu of your cable box. In the audio section, make sure that all "enhancements" are disabled. Select plain old stereo only. Anything like "matrix" or "dialogue" etc. should be avoided.

Also, the volume control on the cable box should be at an optimum level. If it's a Motorola HD-DVR unit, I think there is a bypass for adjustable audio in the menu. If you can provide the brand and model, I could probably give more specific instructions.

Check it out and post back with your results.

Connect With Techlore