JVC dv camcorder

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
r8rfan
JVC dv camcorder

i have a JVC DV camcorder model (sorry the letter between F and H on my keyboard is broken) __R-D70U. I cant record,playback,or close tape cover...screen shows "operation paused condensation" ...left camcorder open to "dry out"(never been wet)...still not operational....help!!!! My nei_hbor has the exact same camera and exact same problem...both cameras are approx. 1-2 yrs old.....

Ron Repking (not verified)
Not a good sign. Try

Not a good sign. Try removing all power from the device - battery & power cord - for a few minutes. See if that helps. If not, you will probably need to get it serviced.

From the JVC Owner's Manual:

About moisture condensation...

- You have observed that pouring a cold liquid into a glass will cause drops of water to form on the glass outer surface. This same phenomenon occurs on the head drum of a camcorder when it is moved from a cool place to a warm place, after heating a cold room, under extremely humid conditions or in a place directly subjected to the cool air from an air conditioner.

- Moisture on the head drum can cause severe damage to the video tape, and can lead to internal damage to the camcorder itself.

Connect With Techlore