DVD Player won't play commentary track

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
JToren
DVD Player won't play commentary track

My DVD player won't play the commentary on my dvd. I have succeeded in playing the same DVD's commentary on my computer. This is really vexing me. Can anyone help?
-Jonathan

Matt Whitlock (not verified)
Most DVD players will always

Most DVD players will always have some issues with certain DVD titles. When "The Matrix" DVD appeared many years ago, there were several DVD players that had trouble playing the disc given its wide feature compliment. At that time, some manufacturers released firmware updates to allow the DVD player to recoginize advanced DVD titles.

If your player is only having difficulty with one particular player, you have two options. Try adjusting the audio format on the fly using the "Audio" button on the DVD remote, rather that adjusting it in the disc's menu. If that doesn't work, you could see if the maker of your player has any firmware updates available for your machine. Keep in mind that most firmware updates need to be installed by a service center. If under warranty, you'll have no problems. If not, there will be a charge for the service. You'll have to decide is the the cost of the upgrade is worth the ability to listen to the commentary on one particular DVD... if the firmware update fixes the problem at all.

Good luck, and post back here with an update of your experience.

JToren
I should probably be more

I should probably be more specific. The DVD player I have is a Hyundai (!), and the DVD's that won't work are the Simpsons 4th Season. I have had the player for a while but only only use it occasionally and have never had such a problem with it... but on the other hand I don't specifically remember watching another DVD's commentary. And right now I don't have any DVD's with commentary. So I could go get one and see if it works. But now that I see prices for a non-recording single-disc Sony DVD player are so low, I'll probably just buy a new one; the Hyundai sucks anyway. Thanks for the reponse though!

Connect With Techlore