PSP pro duo

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
ithomas9389
PSP pro duo

I have a PSP system, and I just bought a memory stick PRO DUO, but when I try to copy music onto the disk in the same method as I did with the provided disk, the computer responds with "specify correct path and filename". Any suggestions?

ithomas9389
Also, when I try to copy

Also, when I try to copy music using a USB cable, the songs get transferred to the sandisk (i know this because i see that the memory amt. has gone down), but I cant listen to the songs. Help!

Matt Whitlock (not verified)
Did you format the new stick

Did you format the new stick for the PSP? What are you using to write to the stick... the PSP or an external card reader/writer?

ithomas9389
I used a card reader/writer

I used a card reader/writer for my first disk, and I don't know how to format the disk. Any clue?

Matt Whitlock (not verified)
Yup. Insert the stick in the

Yup. Insert the stick in the PSP. Power on the unit, and scroll over to "Settings" on the main screen. Arrow down to "System Settings" and press X. Find "Format Memory Stick" on the list and press X. It will ask you if you want to format the memory stick. Arrow to "Yes", and press X.

That's it. Now when you move MP3 songs to the stick, make sure they end up in the "MUSIC" folder or the PSP won't see them.

allie
i want to buy a Sony psp, can

i want to buy a Sony psp, can u put songs from itunes onto the Psp?

allie
also can u take pictures with

also can u take pictures with the Psp, or only recieve them?

Ron Repking (not verified)
To answer your first question

To answer your first question, the PSP will play MP3 files. So if your songs in iTunes are MP3s they will play. If they are in AAC (mp4) format (as is the case if you bought them off of the iTunes store), they won't play on the PSP.

The PSP is not a camera, but you can transfer pictures onto the device.

There's several articles on TechLore about the PSP. Do a search for "Sony PSP" for more info.

Tsam
my PSP has just stop reading

my PSP has just stop reading UMD. After I insert the UMD in about 3 or 4 minutes I get a "Cannot read disc" message.

Connect With Techlore