MP3 Player Problem

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Jodie52
MP3 Player Problem

I have a 256 Digital MP3 Player that is a generic brand that is supposed to have Samsung parts. While moving through a folder and files it seemed to freeze and I could not turn it on or off. I removed the battery and put a new one in. Now there is a message on the screen that says "starting.....", but nothing happens. Through an internet search I have read of other people including some with name brand players who have encountered exactly the same problem. I have yet to find a solution. I would appreciate anyone who could offer suggestions or help.

Ron Repking (not verified)
Sounds like you probably have

Sounds like you probably have a bad device based on all of the things that you've tried. You might try and hard reset the device (if there is an option) or see what happens when you connect it to a computer.

Jodie52
Thanks for the prompt reply

Thanks for the prompt reply Ron. There doesn't seem to be a hard reset option and I did try connecting it to my computer, but it was not recognised. This device has the worst manual I have ever seen and it doesn't even mention USB connection. I did send the device back to the company I bought it from and although they claim to have sent me a new unit, I know it is the same one because when I turned it on it had all the songs I had previously downloaded. While reading other submission on Techlore I discovered this MP3 player originates from a company in Hong Kong and they do not respond to emails. I am usually careful before puchasing electronics to do product research and I don't know what possessed me to buy this model. I guess it's a somewhat expensive lesson learned.

Tie Guy
I'm sorry to hear that you

I'm sorry to hear that you got taken by this company. You should write a review article on your experience and post an image to warn off others from making the same mistake. TechLore Editor Matt Whitlock has helped me write a few articles for the site, and he's been super helpful. If you want to see what I've written for TechLore, just click on my screen name to see my profile and list.

He has instructions for getting help here: http://www.techlore.com/article/11169/

I look forward to reading about it.

Jodie52
Thanks for the suggestion Tie

Thanks for the suggestion Tie Guy. I'll think on that one and definitely check out your articles.

Connect With Techlore