philips magnavox:model 9P6040C102

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
dbirddog
philips magnavox:model 9P6040C102

picture black when u turn on,after little while u get green screen with red and blue fringing,after little while longer picture comes in,blurry and phases in and out filling screen,also sound goes up and down after w while longer picture comes in fine,any help be much apreciated

Matt Whitlock (not verified)
Does the sound stabilize over

Does the sound stabilize over time, or does it always fluctuate? How many years have you been using the TV?

dbirddog
yes sound staabilizes after

yes sound staabilizes after it warms up,owned tv bout 6 years

dbirddog
new developement picture

new developement picture doesnt clear up anymore fills screen then shrinks out of focus then fills screen repeatedly

jarvis
You're not alone! We have

You're not alone! We have the same tv as you and for about 6 years. We are experiencing the same problem and are not sure what's wrong with it. We are going to call for service, but I don't want them coming out if it's too pricey. Did you ever find out what was wrong? And if I can ask how much it cost you to fix it? Any help is appreciated right now. Thank you.

klaska5663
I have just starting having a

I have just starting having a problem with mine. (9P6040C101)My wouldn't come on at all and I had a nasty burnt smell from it that morning and we weren't even trying to turn it on. It's about 5years old. I called a repairman and was told it would be $140 to just look at it. But when I asked how likely it would be to get fixed. I was told it could be 300-500 in parts alone and that they don't have good luck fixing these Magnavoxs. He also said I was lucky to have gotten 5 years out of this brand.

ecollier2012
This is very common problem

This is very common problem with this model.
The screen will shrink and expand.
Or
You will loose audio/video but the power light will remain on.
You can get a repair kit at

Keith Mekdeci
I just purchased a 47in vizio

I just purchased a 47in vizio hd tv, about 1 wek old .been having problem with the sound fluctuating up and down on most of the channels. lost should i bring tv back HELP THANK YOU

mrsquirrels
I just replaced the crt

I just replaced the crt coolants and my picture is much better but still has some red tint dominating. How do I adjust the 6 color knobs in the back of the tv? Also where can I get a free service manual?

mrsquirrels
How do i adjust the color by

How do i adjust the color by the 6 knobs inside the tv? I replaced the crt coolants but it seems like the previous owner messed with the knobs. i have a clearer picture now but tint is still somewhat off. Also, where can i find a free service manual for my 9p6040c102?

helpyou
I replaced the coolants and

I replaced the coolants and had same problem. You have to reset the convergence grid. I got the information on the web. My tv I had to bring up the menu and press code of '062597' and this brought up a convergence grid. I measured the screen and ran masking tape across the screen to set the grid. I have a great picture now. Hope this helps. Sorry I don't remeber the website for this information.

candyman
my magnavox 9P6040 102 has no

my magnavox 9P6040 102 has no sound

Connect With Techlore