MP4 to MP3?

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
JP
MP4 to MP3?

How can I play Mp4-encoded music (M4a) on an MP3 player? Is there an encoder out there that will work?

Thanks,
JP

Tie Guy
Sure, as long as the MP4

Sure, as long as the MP4 music isn't copy-protected. All you need to do is download dBpowerAmp , then download and install the codecs you want to use. MP3 and Wav support are already included, but you'll need to download the MP4 codec. Once that's done, you'll be able to covert one audio format to another with ease. Best of all, it's free!

Ron Repking (not verified)
Just out of curiousity, why

Just out of curiousity, why are you ripping to MP4 format and not MP3?

JP
I've got a Mac - and am using

I've got a Mac - and am using iTunes and since MP4 is an Apple-promoted standard, that's what iTunes rips to. The ripping process on iTunes for the Powerbook G4 that I have is very fast (at least compared to Windows) - usually 1-2 minutes per CD.

Cheers!
JP

Ron Repking (not verified)
You can rip to MP3 format

You can rip to MP3 format instead with iTunes by changing your preferences, if you want to. That's what I do. On the "Import" tab, go to "Import Using:" and select MP3 encoder. While you're there, go under the "Setting:" tab, select "Custom" and set your "Stereo Bit Rate" to the highest possible value. This will increase the sound quality of your created MP3s.

JP
Ron - you're absolutely right

Ron - you're absolutely right. I completely missed that. Wish I had seen it earlier before ripping all these CDs...

Thanks much!!!
JP

Connect With Techlore