volume control

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Al 2438
volume control

I have a mitsubishi mod# 3501r,Ican only hear it when the volume is to loud. if i turn it down the sound is muted. can anyone help? thank you in advance. my e-mail is [email protected]

Tie Guy
Can't you adjust the volume

Can't you adjust the volume between too loud and off? I can't imagine that you can't find a happy-medium inbetween.

Is it only voices that you can't here? Is it only the music that's too loud? Are you watching through cable, satellite, or a DVD?

/dale.
In the analog days such

In the analog days such behavior would likely include scratchy noise as the volume knob is turned. This was usually due to dirty/corroded contacts and some cleaner could fix the problem.

Digital volume up / down controls do not have these problems. Tie Guy is on the right track. DVD's often have this when the surround mode is set incorrectly for your equipment. Start by setting the DVD (or digital cable / satellite) back to basic (stereo, PCM Stereo, etc). Adjust your receiver and TV also. This should work unless something is truly broke.

Once the sound works properly you can adjust settings (all components together) up to the best possible sound your source and equipment can handle. Finally, sit back and enjoy!

DON LAPOINTE
i have a rca32 inch that the

i have a rca32 inch that the volume goes down by itself ive had it one year and all of a sudden the volume control wont work even with the remote. i set it and it goes down by itself no volume.

Larry Dillon
Csharp, the volume down

Csharp, the volume down button is stuck on the TV front, or the tact switch inside is broken my freind or maybe a bad remote.. If you have no TV or solid state repair experience, please find a local repair shop to assist you with this repair. This should not be an expensive repair. If the button on the front is stuck, try to pull it loose with a small pick or screwdriver, then dont use that for volume, only use the remote for volume level. Its also a small possibility that the remote volme down is bad. Take out the batteries out of the remote to see if that helps. If it does, take apart the remote, and clean the rubber contactor, as well as the printed Circuit board. Sometimes though, when someone cleans the front of the set, they will spray the cleaner right on the surface of the picture tube. THIS IS A NO NO! What happens is, the cleaner will drip down the tube and in between the cabinet and the face of the tube and wet fluid get all over the printed circuit board. And you know whats at that location on the printed circuit board? The small tact switches that control the power, volume and channel up and down buttons or switches. They will over time rust and short out. I have seen this problem a 100, if not more, times. They will have to be replace by a trained servicer if this is the case. Good Luck, and please let us all know what you found.

Connect With Techlore