Answering machines

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
NewbieDebbie
Answering machines

How about info about answering machines. My answering machine drives me nuts in the winter, when there's a lot of static electicity. Before I answer the phone in the winter, I have to touch something else metal to get rid of the static. Otherwise, if I touch my phone/answering machine (all-in-one unit)--even if I'm not touching a metal part of it directly--I mess up the answering machine part of it. I have to reset it (which erases any saved messages and messes up the day/time).

Matt Whitlock (not verified)
I'm certainly not the most

I'm certainly not the most knowledgeable when it comes to electrical systems, but there must be a way to get rid of the static. I'd try a AC line filter, or check the grounding of the circuit.

Any electricians out there that could provide some insight?

dr baluja
Hi MattThis is for uYou not

Hi Matt
This is for u
You not figuring it out is strange
The static electricity has nothing to do with your home electiccity. It is on the surface of the gaget generated thro the dry atmos.even on objects not connected to ac lines
so no ac filter
All you have to do is spray your gadget with antistatic spray (avalable at all stores/ radio shack )once or twice a week.
In the mean time N D can spray the ans. machine with any pre electric shave lotion or after shave lotion. pl check on a small area that it does not leave stains
By the way I am not an electrician ,I am a medical man .

Connect With Techlore