MP3 Players

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
Ed
MP3 Players

Does anyone have any feelings on what is the best MP3 players, Dell, IPOD other?

Ed
How much space do you really

How much space do you really need? Are you really going to going to play 5000 songs?

Ron Repking (not verified)
I wrote an article on your

I wrote an article on your question on how much space do you need for an MP3 player. Check it out and see if that helps:

How Much Storage Do I Need for a Portable MP3 Player?

Jeff Block
Space = the more the better.

Space = the more the better.

I have many GB of songs, and don't want to have to remember to swap music out before I go somewhere (I think Ron said something along these lines in his article as well).

If you're comparing apples to

If you're comparing apples to apples, i.e. high capacity hard drive players to each other, I've had personal experience with both that you mention - the iPod and the Dell Digital Jukebox. The iPod is great for integration with iTunes and there are so many accessories for it now which makes it attractive to many people. However, I've had battery issues with everyone I've owned (I've owned 3). The Dell is a great player, but uses MusicMatch as the software it integrates with. I personally am not fond of MusicMatch as I think it's awkward to use and difficult to get to work sometimes. The player itself however is solid and I got it at a bargain compared to the iPod.

quarryedge
HELP! When online in a site

HELP! When online in a site that allows me to listen to a message via MP3 and I want to download it having problem. The instructions to "right click and click on target as"....when I right click it just begins to play the message and keeps rebuffering interupting the message! Am I missing something. I reinstalled AOL and it still does it.

quarryedge
I finally figured it out!!!

I finally figured it out!!! For whatever reason, using the laptop mouse does not allow me to right click and get "target as"...I plugged in the other mouse and it works fine!!!

Matt Whitlock (not verified)
huh. That's really bizarre.

huh. That's really bizarre. Did you perhaps have the button assignments reversed? Or, does your laptop require you to press both buttons simultaneously to initiate a right-click?

Check it out. It may get you on the right path to figuring out the deal with the laptop control.

mom24
My son's Dell DJ totally died

My son's Dell DJ totally died. Dell is sending him a replacement. In the meantime, is there any way to retrieve the 700+ songs he did not back up (which he will from now on?)

Matt Whitlock
If the unit is totally dead,

If the unit is totally dead, I would venture to say no, but it really depends on what went wrong with the old one. If the internal hard-drive did not fail, it would be possible (though difficult) to transplant the old hard-drive into the new unit and remove the songs (in theory). However, doing this would void the warranty on the new unit, and since you probably have to return the old one to Dell, any evidence of tampering may cause them to charge you for the replacement. In the end, it may not be worth the risk. At least a lesson has been learned... backups, backups, and more backups.

How did he get the songs on

How did he get the songs on the DJ? They must have been transferred from a computer. Did he delete them from the computer? If he was using MusicMatch to sync the files, they should all still be in the MusicMatch library unless he needed the space and deleted them.

Connect With Techlore