Window Media Center

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Ed
Window Media Center

I have a lot of songs on the computer using the ipod software and recently converted them over to the windows media center. When you look at the main screen under my music, in shows greatest hits on over 50% of the albums. It does not do this on the ipod software, what is up?

Ed
What does everyone think

What does everyone think about the ipod and media center software, which is best?

Ron Repking (not verified)
That's a weird anomoly. If I

That's a weird anomoly. If I understand you correctly, in iTunes all of the album titles show up correctly, but somehow when you moved them to Windows Media Center, it puts in different album titles (mostly Greatest Hits).

Media Center is a different front end for Windows Media Player. So, what I would do is bring up Windows Media Player on your computer and look at your songs to see what is listed. You might want to start from scratch, cleaning out all of the songs from your library (this won't delete them unless you specifically respond to the prompt that way) and use the Media Player to add songs to the library that way rather than just copying them into My Music (which is what I am assuming that you did). From Windows Media Player you can make playlists, etc. that will show up when you run Media Center.

As far as iTunes vs Media Center, I actually use both. When I'm on my TV, I love Media Center because I can play music and look at my digital pictures at the same time. When I'm at my computer working, it's iTunes.

Hope this helps!

Jeff Block
Later versions of Windows

Later versions of Windows Media Player (I think starting with 9.0) have begun to classify songs according to a new "Album Author" ID3 field, which in my experience isn't always completed very accurately. This might very well be what's causing this problem for you.

Matt Whitlock (not verified)
Jeff, do you know of any way

Jeff, do you know of any way around this in Media Player?

Jeff Block
Unfortunately, no. The way I

Unfortunately, no. The way I've handled it is to be pretty anal-retentive about copying the
"Artist" tag into the "Artist Album" for all the CD's I rip into my collection. Probably not the answer you wanted, but...

Connect With Techlore