RCA Model-P46151WK..No picture

15 posts / 0 new
Last post
chrisc
RCA Model-P46151WK..No picture

I have a RCA Model P46151WK.It has no picture but has sound.It started out having a picture when you turned it on then it would go off and just have sound,when I wiggled the plug the picture came back again.Then for a while when I turned it on there would be no picture and then 10 minutes later the picture would come on.
Now there is no picture at all just sound.
Can anyone help me?
Thank you

Matt Whitlock (not verified)
Does wiggling the connector

Does wiggling the connector still make the picture come back?

There's a few things you need

There's a few things you need to try.

First, make sure that you're not getting a picture from any source. So try to play a DVD, VHS tape, or game system. Make sure that you use different cables, and plug them in to different inputs on the TV. If you get a picture from one of these sources, you've narrowed it down.

I'm going to need to know what source is now just snow. Is it cable? Satellite? Do you have a cable box, or do you plug a cable line directly into the TV?

chrisc
We are not getting a picture

We are not getting a picture from any source.We tried hooking up the DVD/Tape player and that didnt work either.
The cable line goes directly into the TV.
The picture is not snowy its just a black screen it look just like it does when it is off just that you can hear the TV show that is on.
There are 3 big bulbs inside that light up for the picture and you can see that they are not on.

chrisc
Now we have a picture.I guess

Now we have a picture.I guess when we moved it to hook up the DVD player it did something.
Im thinking there is something loose inside but i dont know what.
We had this happen before,we got a picture then when we turned it off and back on there was no picture.

Hmmm... There's nothing more

Hmmm... There's nothing more frustrating than an intermittent problem. It least when something is dead, you know that it's broken.

If the picture goes out again I would double check all the wire connections. Maybe those are loose. Otherwise, if everything else looks good, you'll need to have a service guy look inside to figure out what's going on.

jimmy
I have RCA big screen 60" T.V

I have RCA big screen 60" T.V. 1995 model # p52731wk When I turn it on I see a pic and sound, But after it is on for 2min or less. I hear a poping sound coming from the back of the set. and the pic is not looking to good after i hear the poping sound Please e-mail at [email protected]

jkayhome
I have the same problem with

I have the same problem with my 32" RCA. It started out no picture but sound, then the picture came on, I stopped using the remote thinking that was it. For a while I had picture, now the picture goes off and sometimes comes on, sometimes I have to turn it on and off. Sometimes that works, sometimes it doesn't. Sounds like a fuse or something getting hot, etc.

Timbo
I have the same TV (P-46151WK

I have the same TV (P-46151WK) but no picture or sound. It was given to me by a friend & I see why now. I am having no luck locating a troubleshooting manual. I got it to come on briefly (seconds) twice but now it's nothing. Any help or advice is appreciated. Tks.

bengato
I have the same problem sound

I have the same problem sound but no picture. I have an RCA 32" and can't seem to find the problem. I am trying to troubleshoot it using a tv repair manual for begginer. If I find a solution I will pass it on.

ma&pa
We thought ours might be the

We thought ours might be the picture tube going.  It just started today.  We hear a crackle or popping sound, then no picture or sound, just a  black screen.  We tried unplugging it and then plugging it back in, but it didn't make a difference.  We also have picture tube service contract, so we will call tomorrow for service call and see what's up.  We'll post what the results are at Techlore website.  Any update from any of you that may have solved the problem, or did you give up and buy a new TV?

Intelligence
I have RCA big screen 60" T.V
I have RCA big screen 60" T.V. 1995 model # p52731wk When I turn it on I see no pic but the sound works ok Please e-mail at [email protected]
Jonathan 9999
iam having the same problem

iam having the same problem no picture but the sound is working good can you help me with this problem...

Jonathan 9999
Jonathan 9999 said: iam

Jonathan 9999 said: iam having the same problem no picture but the sound is working good can you help me with this problem...

Shawn_691
i have an RCA model P46151WK

i have an RCA model P46151WK and i turned it on one day and it made a pop and now it won't come on at all. i checked the fuse that's on the transformer right when you plug it in but it's fine. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Connect With Techlore