are 100" tvs true?

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
jcrizz
are 100" tvs true?

I saw this web site that said it could make my 20" tv into a huge 100" screen for under $30? IS THIS TRUE?

Matt Whitlock (not verified)
I would seriously doubt it.

I would seriously doubt it. Anything that sounds too good to be true probably is.

However, I'll tell you how to make your 20" TV seem like a 100" screen. Image size is relative to your field of vision. So if you want your 20" TV to seem bigger, just sit closer to it until you reach the desired effect. Best of all, I won't even charge you 30 bucks!

Ross Johnson
I did hear about an do it

I did hear about an do it yourself LCD projector recently, but that's using an existing LCD monitor screen, not a TV. That'd be about the closest thing I could think of.

Larry Dillon
I do not see how it can be

I do not see how it can be done for 30 bucks, thats for sure.  But if we all sit back and think about it,  tube type projection TVs start out with 5" CRT's and through short focal type lens and a couple of mirrors, it ends up to be 50 to 60".  This is one reasn a customer will complain about a set looking grainy, and a cable guy will come out and hook up a small 9" 0r 13" TV set, and the picture looks good.  But if you look realy close, you see a littly bit of fuzz in the picture, but not enough to worry about.  No you take that 5" picture with a tiny bit of watchable fuz and multiply it 10 times!  Now you have loads of fuzz in the picture.  10 times as much!

Connect With Techlore