Problem with Panasonic DVD player

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Bercreaup
Problem with Panasonic DVD player

I've just today run into a problem with my Panasonic S31 DVD player. Whenever I put a disk in, the player begins to read it and then shuts itself off. I tried it with several different DVDs and CDs and it does it with all of them all the time. It seems strange to me because I've never had any problems at all with it up through yesterday. Then, today, it is doing this all of the time.

If anyone has any advice, I'd really appreciate it.

Matt Whitlock (not verified)
Well, so far it's not looking

Well, so far it's not looking good. Have you verified that the disc is actually spinning inside the player?

Ron Repking (not verified)
Is this a portable DVD player

Is this a portable DVD player? I've had many problems with DVD players powered by batteries before.

If it is portable, you might want to check to make sure that you have fresh batteries or if it's a rechargable battery, try replacing it. Also, clean the laser 'eye' of the DVD player that reads the disc. It looks like a little glass ball on the inside of the DVD player when you open up the player to put the DVD in. I believe that if you use alcohol with a cotton swab, that should do the job.

DonnieB
i have a 6 month old HDTV DVD

i have a 6 month old HDTV DVD player Combo up until last week sound was fine on DVD player now no sound.
Perfect Picture no sound. Any Ideas!

Matt Whitlock (not verified)
You should start by checking

You should start by checking all of the default audio settings for the TV and the DVD player. Each should have it's own menu in the TV. Check it out and post back with your findings.

Connect With Techlore