Notify of New Post

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
cupojoe
Notify of New Post

Do the forums have a way of notifying you when there has been a new post to a thread you have particpated in? This would be a great way to remind me to come back and see what's going on.

The TechLore Team
You are referring to a

You are referring to a feature known as 'subscriptions'. We currently have not implemented it for our forums, but we expect this functionality to be introduced very soon.

On a related note, you may have noticed that there is a side box on the left side of the screen in each forum that contains shortcuts to your threads. I know it's not exactly what you are looking for, but is a nice shortcut to several of the threads that you have started.

Thanks for your input!

bealea
I would like to see an icon

I would like to see an icon in history indicating which threads or articles I made a posting or a comment. If this also indicated if there were follow on posts or comments, I could know where my feedback generated a response.

The TechLore Team
bealea - good suggestion! We

bealea - good suggestion! We recognize that there is a hole in the History feature and are working to fill it.

Being able to track discussions in which you have participated is key to being responsive and keeping current. As mentioned previously, we are going to be rolling out an entire Subscription feature that will let Authors track all activity generated from their own content. In addition, RSS feeds will be available to subscribe to Forum Topics, entire Categories (e.g. Home Video) or individual Authors.

Your suggestion would seem to be a little different, though as it would create additional indicators of recent activity for you while you are on the site. We could certainly do that and will just need to work out the UI issues - too many icons could be confusing.

We will post an update here when that feature is ready. Thanks again.

The TechLore Team
Do to the community

Do to the community suggestions, we have implemented RSS as a way to keep up with what's going on at TechLore. (See http://www.techlore.com/blog/9 for more info.)

You can also be notified via email when a comment is added to a thread that you started if you check the notification box when you create the thread.

Thanks everyone for your input.

Connect With Techlore